Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently on eBay, a coffin prop appeared and then disappeared and I was devestated.

But after it disappeared we contacted the seller why the item was withdrawn.
And after a few minutes on the phone we settled on a deal of £20, I thought yes I have a full size coffin prop.

But it wasn't just a coffin, it was a full size coffin with built in a skeleton that had a PIR sensor that set of lights and sounds, and for only £20.

Building this seperatly would of cost more that £50 for everything and days of labour.

So I think this was definately the best thing ive ever bought off eBay.

So the moral is never just give up on something keep following it up!

Ruggerz

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
congrats...

the other message is "He who hesitates misses out" I've done that a couple of times at the thrift store...thought about buying something, came back the next day and it was gone

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,450 Posts
oooooh good score. Must see pictures!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
kudos to you rugs, that is great you checked it out and scored. so what was the reason the guy took it off ebay? i saw it and know it was a sweet looking coffin and skeleton.

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He said he didnt take it down, it was removed because maybe someone reported it for some reason, and a reason he doesn't know.

Also there was another coffin on ebay that i was very interested in, it was a metal proffessional coffin but that ended up being sold for £500 so it was a bit out of my price range.

Ruggerz

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Great result Ruggerz.:D:D
proof positive that persistance pays off.

*Note to self* Take more notice of what's going on on e-bay.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Congrats on the find! I've yet to win anything really awesome off of ebay, but now I know to contact people when things disappear :)

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Now that's awesome. :) I'm not sure how the eruos work so how much would that be in American money? Lol still sounds awesome!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Now that's awesome. :) I'm not sure how the eruos work so how much would that be in American money? Lol still sounds awesome!
No Euro's here pal...Not yet anyway. We may have been dragged kicking and screaming into the metric system (although most of us older Brits still think in the old measurements, and we still get our beer in pints)! but We're holding on to good ol' pounds sterling while we can!
Last time I looked at the £/$ exchange rate, it was about 1.45, so that would make the £20 Ruggerz paid for his prop around $29 US..A bargain in anybody's language.:):)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Recently on eBay, a coffin prop appeared and then disappeared and I was devestated.

But after it disappeared we contacted the seller why the item was withdrawn.
And after a few minutes on the phone we settled on a deal of £20, I thought yes I have a full size coffin prop.

But it wasn't just a coffin, it was a full size coffin with built in a skeleton that had a PIR sensor that set of lights and sounds, and for only £20.

Building this seperatly would of cost more that £50 for everything and days of labour.

So I think this was definately the best thing ive ever bought off eBay.

So the moral is never just give up on something keep following it up!

Ruggerz
Holy crap Ruggerz!! :eek: How awesome!! I'm amazed you found something so fantastic, and even more amazed that it was so cheap!! :D
More proof that Halloween items on Ebay is like a kid in a candy store!!

I'm also looking forward to pics, hehe:p

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Check out the Halloween Props for a video and pics of the coffn and extras...

Ruggerz

1 - 20 of 20 Posts