Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lesson at school i have discovered an awesome material for halloween prop making....

PolyMorph....It is a smart material that melts in hot water and then is moldable and will set under cold water...it can be reused over and over agian...

You can paint it and cut it and all sorts...

Just thought it would be a good material...

Its relativly cheap....

Ruggerz

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
That is some cool stuff! I went to You Tube and Google and saw people make bendable fingers, rigging to hold up a camera, a hook, battery holder, and other misc. stuff. I would think we could use this for prop hands, faces, rigging and anything else from a mold. It is really neat stuff ruggerz. Thanks. I also learned that there are three versions, re-usable, paintable and drillable/sandable.

Here's a vid:

B

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I use a similar product called Friendly Plastic, also known as Shapelock. Very nice product to work with. Good find Ruggerz!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Sounds like good stuff...

Any idea where it's available from in the UK?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I guess I am a bit skeptical on how durable this stuff is. The FAQs state that it needs to hit 160 degrees in water to break down. But that video shows a person working with bare hands which says to me that the temperature of the material isn't 160 degrees. In my mind its a bit debatable on if I would want to leave this stuff out on a hot, muggy day.

Please share if you end up using this stuff. Would love to hear some neutral feedback on it.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Great! Thanks, Bear!

'scuse me chaps...just popping orf to the jolly old shops.

Toodle-pip. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have also used friendly plastic in the past which seems very similar to this. The granules melt quickly in hot water. When its read it is a little sticky, hot, and dries very fast. Once dry its very durable though. I made a couple of mouths with teeth. 20 years later they are still holding up.

You can get a sample for $4.95 of a similar product here.
SHAPELOCK FREE Sample Offer

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Sounds like some awesome stuff! Has anyone on here had any first hand experience with it? How many times can you re shape it? Once its hardened does it stay solid or get mushy when it gets warm out?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts