Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we went to Walmart today to get things for the house... and we ALWAYS enter through the garden dept. That's where they do seasonal, so we always like to see whats going on. Looks like my local walmart is trying to clear out some shelves. Woot! We actually found some cool ....I guess they'd be statues? The description of them said something like "finial Statues".... They are HEAVY, and were $40 originally, on clearance for $10. They only had 4 left, so we got 2 of them.... check out the pic...

We were thinking of adding and epitaph to the base of each one...

wacha think?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wow

Wow! Those are AWESOME! I think you have a great idea. Can't wait to see all of the suggestions that will come in. I need to check my walmart. Love them!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Awesome find!!! Can I ask how tall they are?? Note to self: Make it to walmart sometime today:)

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
They were down to $20 at our Walmart,and I wanted to use one as part of a monument for the graveyard, buyt I am concerned about the weight, they are not light! Might have to check back, if they dropped the price again, I may just have to pick one up anyway!

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They definitely aren't light. Whats odd is one is significantly heavier (i'd say like 3-5 pounds easily) than the other. They were a definite steal. See if your local Walmart will pricematch, POWAY, CA Walmart. They are probably 36 inches high? I'd have to really measure them, but I'd wager a guess they are around that...They could be up to 42 high. They were around bellybutton high on my roommate (and he's about 6').

$10 for sure. Our total was $21 and change with tax for 2 of em.

The ANGELS at ours however were also $10, and these awesome topiary statues were oddly the only thing priced Higher at $20.

It looks like they are clearing out the garden dept for Halloween!!!! I'm very excited!

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is great. I was just looking at your pumpkin garden on the other thread...and there it is in the background!!

So what do you plan to do to them to "spice" them up Tk?
Do yours all weigh the same?

We were thinking of "twin" graves.... same last name of some twins that died of something funny, some cute rhyme, on a plaque on them. Most people won't seem them inside the graveyard, but we Like the details of things...

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Mine all weight the same - or at least they're all close enough I haven't noticed.

My plan is to use all four of them as pillars for my mausoleum fence. They'll be the supports for a rod iron fence (sorta like yours!).

You can see my overall design for 2009 on the Found my 2009 theme... thread.

I also have break-out threades for the Mausoleum, Cider Hut, and the Slaughtered Lamb Pub.

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We actually just put our fence "away" if you will... It was sitting around the shop getting dusty so we put it up in the rafters until we need it again in Sept....

·
Registered
327 Posts
I got two at our Walmart! $10 each!! Thanks for the tip! we were thinking grave monuments, but also possibly column toppers, but the way TK has those sitting out in a row...the four corners of a little fenced-in "family" grave plot maybe? Perhaps they can be drilled out and some painted PVC stuck into them to make a nifty little fence-type-thing...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I guess Walmart in the States is more generous than here in Canada. Recently I came across the angels that empty_w mentioned, and they were very much damaged never the less the store manager was only willing to discount it by 10% dropping the price from $100 to $90, needless to say I didn't buy it. I just wanted to let anyone interested in knowing what I had planned. I was going to take a plastic skull which had the same size face as the angels face and cut off the face from the skull and mount it on to the angel in turn making it the angel of death. See photo

Angel Of Death - Decorations & Props

1 - 20 of 63 Posts