Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm switching it up this year, no scary gore...we want to transport our guests to the planet of Pandora (from the movie Avatar). Below is what i'm thinking so far, i would love any further ideas or suggestions for improvements, thanks!

- Entrance: we have a huge Live Oak tree in our front yard and i think we are going to try to make it look like the tree of souls. To do that we are going to need to hang rope lights from the tree or hang rope that is soaked in Rit and shine a blacklight on it. Which would be better? Or cheaper?

- Front yard: last year i made an elaborate graveyard but obviously this does not apply anymore. Suggestions? I have thought about making one of the giant robots that the humans use or maybe an animal - the one that looks kind of like a rhino...but these will require some major large scale paper mache and i've never tried anything that big

- Inside: i want it to look like a night scene from Pandora so i will need to make some large crazy looking plants, one giant tree (maybe) and maybe even a few small critters or something. Tips for making big spiral plants? you can google pics (i think they call it loreyu or helicoradian in the movie)

- More inside: What about the floors? And how hard should i try to make the food look alien? I've only done strictly halloween themed food before

- Back deck: while some of the party will be inside, the rest will be on the back deck where pong, flip cup, etc will be played and i don't know how to make it seem at all like pandora out there. Should i even try? Help!

Sorry this is so long, can't wait to hear your super creative ideas, thanks!! :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would do all the plants with something that reacts to black-lights. Or maybe paint or color them with it. Then obviously have black lights and you can have that cool effect from the movie. Maybe you can do this outside.

In terms of making creatures, I like the black panther type creature as well as the bird type pterodactyl things from the movies.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would suggest going to Petsmart (or related retail outlet) and buying those plastic neon coral things that you put in aquarium fish tanks. and then put them in plant pots or in your garden bed. those would look like Pandora's bioluminescent plants. especially since a lot of them come in bright colors.

omg I love Avatar, saw it 3 times at the theater :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts