Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am looking for advise, I purchased an "Autopsy Vest" and after receiving it in the mail today, I realized that I have NO IDEA how to integrate it into my Halloween scare plan.

The plan: Aliens performing an autopsy on a live human. It's going to be awesome, I've got DMX controlled lighting and an autopsy table. I plan to be the "live victim", my buddies are going to be aliens.

The problem: The vest is a little big and it straps around the body with velcro (for visual reference, Amazon "autopsy vest", it's the first thing that pops up). The color of the vest is different than my skin color and if I wasn't wearing a shirt, you would see these large 2" Velcro straps that keep the thing together. I think it was designed to be worn with a torn shirt around the vest. I was planning on being partly in a body bag or have a sheet partly covering me, to give the illusion that I was naked. Now, I have no idea how to give the illusion that I'm a test subject because the vest is obviously fake because you can see the velro straps around my side. Maybe I need to wear a torn shirt and look like a hitch hiker with the torn chest exposed? I don't know. Hopefully my description is on point....

Do you have any ideas what would be cool? Should I cut off the velro straps and glue it directly to the skin? As I sit here and type, I think the easiest thing to do is to cut up a shirt and let the autopsy vest shine through the hole in the shirt. Have you ever used one? If so, what did you do?

Please help!!
Many thanks,
Rick

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,907 Posts
You've got the right idea. Find an old teeshirt, glue it down to the outside edges of the chest piece of the autopsy vest (do not do the glue part while wearing!), and then tear/rip open enough of the shirt to see into the chest piece area (add some blood for even more gore/realism). I'd want to keep the edges of the shirt really raw and torn up.

I would not cut the velcro straps because you'll want to be able to stand up at some point and walk around and it would suck to have to readjust the thing every time - just make sure the teeshirt fits you well, and rely on the straps to help stabilize it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've got the right idea. Find an old teeshirt, glue it down to the outside edges of the chest piece of the autopsy vest (do not do the glue part while wearing!), and then tear/rip open enough of the shirt to see into the chest piece area (add some blood for even more gore/realism). I'd want to keep the edges of the shirt really raw and torn up.

I would not cut the velcro straps because you'll want to be able to stand up at some point and walk around and it would suck to have to readjust the thing every time - just make sure the teeshirt fits you well, and rely on the straps to help stabilize it.

You are amazing, thank you for the information!!! That is what I'll do!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts