Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's the way I've always considered it. We decorate the house after Labor Day, and we steadily approach autumn and leave the days of summer behind. August is a month of planning for many in the Halloween community. Mostly planning around the notion of "how in the world did time fly by so quick and how am I going to get all this done!" ;)

So, the question is where will you be standing in a few short weeks with your Halloween season plans? For myself, I have a new book to finish that needs to be off to my publisher! That's a priority. And a Halloween party to get ready for...

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have real-world work-work that's getting in the way! Deadline is August 17, then I'm clear for Halloween stuff for a while.

Planning is largely settled by this point, so starting to focus on what needs built and re-built. Did a bit o' that today, been looking around at skeletons, been thinking about making some tombstones, and seeing what "goes" theme-wise out of what I already have in storage. I even cleaned and organized the storage building, and fixed the cat-sized hole in the door earlier this year (can you tell this wasn't planned??)

Costumes are something I struggle with, so I need to get on that now.

Ahh, work work work. Always something. I actually started my first project back in February. Is it done yet? Nooooooooooo. But I started!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I agree - August is time finalize plans and get it together. Like always, I had planned to work a little bit at a time throughout the year but of course other things got in the way like they always do. But I've made my plans and it will get done just the same. The main thing I am waiting on is Costco skeletons. Everything else is scrap lumber make-in-a-weekend projects so I'm not concerned. I think I will be in good shape if I can just avoid getting distracted by other projects.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I don't plan for home haunts or anything, but I do plan a road trip with a few friends to go to Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando or Howl-O-Scream in Busch Gardens. This is the time when they start putting out information for prices, houses, and event dates. I am so ready for August to hit!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sadly with nothing finished or really even started. I had grand plans for this year, but the finances have NOT been there. Our budgets are tight, but I can usually wring some money out of it for my hobbies. This year we've been struggling to keep our head above water, and bills come before decor. Things have evened out now, but there's not a lot of time left, so I think this year might just be scratched for something new, and put the money to damage control, and shelve the plans until next year. It sucks. It sucks SO damned much, but sadly we have to be adults. We need new tires on the van, the emergency fund put back, and our credit cards paid off more than we need tombstones and cool seasonal lights. I'll know more tomorrow when we talk to our financial planner, but that's what it looks like now.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Hope things start looking up LadyMage. We've never had much extra money either and that's how I got started in paper mache, cause it's cheap.

I've always wanted to do a big display over the years, but work, weather, remodeling and last years pregnancy has prevented it. The baby is scheduled for surgery in September and the amount of decorating I do depends on how she feels. Right now, I'm planning on decorating inside and maybe on the porch, though I have two clumsy labs who manage to knock everything into the yard. :(

·
Registered
221 Posts
Baby # 2 is due August 9th. So we will be scaling back this year. I usually start mid August. I'm trying not to stress myself over it because I know that I will be very busy. So..if only a few things go up this year, I will be okay with it. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else will be doing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts