Halloween Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Drummer in progress. J-Man if I start a server thread next year, will you play? Are there hi-torque servo motors with a small foot print or are servo motors weaker than other motors used for props?
There are servos for just about anything you wanna do, the downside is they start to get pricey. Here's one that's fairly small, about 2.5"x2.5"x1.25". Works on a wide range of voltage up 8VDC. Torque @ 8V is over 700 oz. $90

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm not happy with the deer and wiper motors anymore so I've got the servo bug. My to do list is already huge. I think my untouched Squaker Talker card is 3 years old :(

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I'm not happy with the deer and wiper motors anymore so I've got the servo bug. My to do list is already huge. I think my untouched Squaker Talker card is 3 years old :(
Blow the dust off that thing and get your bird talking! Servos are great but you have to remember that they need a controller and programming, that scares a lot of people away from them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not very familiar with that exact speaker model but keep in mind 3.5mm (TRS) audio jacks are stereo (left and right) only.

They will not transfer 5.1 surround sound. The other speakers will either not play or just mirror the front 2. I would suggest getting a proper speaker system for home theater (HTIB or 3.1+ soundbar)

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
One Drummer drumming. The best I can do for under $100 until J-Man teaches me servos.

Probably the easiest way to get started with servos is the Pololu Mini Maestro. You use their software to create the show and then it can be loaded onto the Maestro. A bit of a learning curve but not too bad.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
He got naked 2 years ago so I could debug his short. I really liked the recent Zombie Bird post and I have some Bird Skeletons to use for the exposed bones. Of course I'm having trouble finding the post now.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts