Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently built a dog prop out of spray foam chicken wire and paper mache. I want to make him bark though from an audio source. I plan on getting barking sound bites online then playing those on something through a speaker, then from a wireless remote make it bark when people walk by.

So my question is how do I put sound bites on a cd or ipod then connect to a speaker and use this remote?

Heres the wireless remote: unnamed[1].jpg

Heres the dog: 33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
You're gonna need an mp3 player or some type of audio player that can be triggered. You'll also need an amplifier and speaker. I have no idea what the specs are on the remote you have so it's impossible to tell you how to connect it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
continuously play your sound through one speaker, run one of the speaker wires through a 12 volt relay (terminals 85 & 86) hook your wireless power wires to terminals 30 & 87 of your relay.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
If you connect everything like your diagram, the relay is simply gonna make and break the speaker connection. It won't start or stop or change the track. If you are looking to do any of those functions you'll need some type of triggering audio player as I mentioned at the start of this thread.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you connect everything like your diagram, the relay is simply gonna make and break the speaker connection. It won't start or stop or change the track. If you are looking to do any of those functions you'll need some type of triggering audio player as I mentioned at the start of this thread.
is there any triggering audio devices that you suggest?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts