Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on our first Haunt in our basement, we had just background music playing from one speaker system. I’m thinking about doing more than just one area of special audio effects. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have receiver that has an A and B zone speaker setup. I can just move the audio around the house wireless.

A really cheap thing to do is edit the audio by separating it and put it on the left speaker and your sounds on the right. You can use two speakers and have them output on the same unit. You can use a stand alone system like a computer speakers or a receiver. Then just place them in different rooms.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I scavenged a pair of older home stereo receivers and had one playing Haunted sounds from my computer out window with long speaker wires to a pair of old speakers hanging under eaves of house. This year I am adding the second receiver in garage to play the thunder track for my "Perfect Storm" box into another old set of speakers hanging outside garage door. Plus I have an old phone pumping into a set of powered computer speakers inside my witch so she cackles and says potions and laughs etc.
I am set up outside so not really doing "areas" of special audio effects.

The thing is these old receivers can be had cheap as everyone wants the newer HDMI stuff with 5.1 surround.
The computer speakers were cheap also at $15 Canadian. Old phones are everywhere - not worth anything - but great to loop sound to prop.

I have a "job site radio" that runs for hours off the 18V battery and has an aux input that a phone hooks into.
This is good if you don't want to run a power cord to a remote location but want to have sound there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use old phones connected to cheap Bluetooth speakers running different soundtracks. Storm sounds for our pirate boat (I actually use my kids guitar amp for this), evil whispers for the walkway, evil singing for a prop, etc. I get most of them for free on YouTube but I have bought the soundtracks at FrightProps too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Yorkshire Ghost
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing