Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find some type of software to split audio tracks. More specifically I need to eliminate the music and get the vocals from some songs I'm planning for a new 3 -axis build. I've tried singing myself on one track and it was a disaster. The vocals would not synch up with the music. Anybody have any suggestions? I already have Audacity and Wave Pad which won't do what I'm trying to do. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Unfortunately there isn't a software to accomplish this, at least I have never seen one. There are ways to get the results you need. Doing your own vocals on the "talk" track is one way, but you have to use ear buds and listen to the track while you're doing it.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
The other way is to create the "talk/singing" track using a sine wave segment. The length and placement of the sine wave is inserted for each word/syllable in the song. I've done it many times with both methods and they both work very well.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wickedbeernut- The article you linked is for REMOVING vocals, I want to keep them and remove the instruments. I tried that and it didn't work.
J-Man- Are you referring to the dtmf signals?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
No, I'm talking about using a 12 kHz sine wave to create the "talk/sing" channel. It's a bit time consuming, you have to insert a varied length segment of the sine wave for each word/syllable. Danski did a few tracks for his Squawkers with that method. He has an audio software that allowed him to easily pan the sine wave on and off as the track played with very good results.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After some searching and just plain old dumb luck, I found a website that will do exactly what I want. I've done 2 songs so far and pleased with the results. I will post some video and you all can give me some feedback.
It is a pay per song deal as the software isn't available for purchase. I was able to do 2 songs in about 1 hour. From upload of the song to loading it to a VSA routine. It is super easy to use also.
Here is the link if you're interested PhonicMind Vocal Remover | Remove vocals from anything!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
After some searching and just plain old dumb luck, I found a website that will do exactly what I want. I've done 2 songs so far and pleased with the results. I will post some video and you all can give me some feedback.
It is a pay per song deal as the software isn't available for purchase. I was able to do 2 songs in about 1 hour. From upload of the song to loading it to a VSA routine. It is super easy to use also.
Here is the link if you're interested PhonicMind Vocal Remover | Remove vocals from anything!
Looking forward to seeing the results, sounds promising.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the video.
The process is pretty easy. It is a pay per song service which I don't think the prices are that bad considering what this does. This video is kind of long, it has 2 songs in it.
Let me know what you think.
Hope you all enjoy it .
Here is the link for the website PhonicMind Vocal Remover | Remove vocals from anything!
The squeaking is my office chair...........

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, you can get "bundle deals" also.

·
Registered
296 Posts
@bfjou812 - this is very interesting - thanks for finding this software. It looks like the jaw movement is lagging the audio by about 1/2 second. Is it possible to offset the track for the jaw movement by that much to correct that?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Nice find. Can they supply only the vocals after removing the music? What exactly do you get? Is it a file with the vocals separately from the music, or is it just the vocals removed and you get the music only?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I do all the vocals the way Jack described. I use a sinewave on one track and cut it on and off where I want jaw movement. Here's a little example of some testing I did a while back.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice find. Can they supply only the vocals after removing the music? What exactly do you get? Is it a file with the vocals separately from the music, or is it just the vocals removed and you get the music only?
You can get it any way you want it . Most remove vocals for karaoke. I wanted the vocals ,so I removed everything else. The resulting file was an mp3 vocal track , I loaded that into VSA audio, did a wave motion analysis, then reloaded the original song with all of the music and this is the end result. Loading the vocal to the audio and doing the wave motion analysis is what sets the parameters for the jaw servo. You do need to use the exact song throughout the procedure.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That does work pretty good, nice find @bfjou812

To answer @Danski question - you can get 4 files - vocals only, bass only, drums only and other only. Looks like you can also get a karaoke version - just music (though my test audio you could still hear a bit of the vocals)

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do all the vocals the way Jack described. I use a sinewave on one track and cut it on and off where I want jaw movement. Here's a little example of some testing I did a while back.
I had tried many methods and did not have much success. I guess I wasn't doing it correctly. I have also tried the DTMF?, joystick and still had trouble. You video is spot on . You did a great job. So far this is so stupid easy it's insane. At least for what I'm working on now.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I might be interested in getting a few tracks done if I find some vocals I need. Its good to know I can get only the vocal audio.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've tried singing myself on one track and it was a disaster. The vocals would not synch up with the music.
You must be doing it wrong. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to sync your voice (or a friend's) with whatever it is you have to sync with. It might take some practice, but that's not much of a hinderance. If it's a software problem, that can be fixed by learning to do it properly.

Mostly saying this for others that might get the wrong idea that it's not possible or hard. I find the opposite to be true. YMMV

1 - 20 of 23 Posts