Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the unit that has a built in motion senser. plys back an audio clip through built in speaker or external jack.

I think someone posted that they were on sale somewhere. I missed out on that. But I can t remeber what it is called or where I saw it. So I can do a search to find the best price.

·
Scarhead Brain Tumor Guy
946 Posts
These were all the rage four years ago, it seemed like everyone on the HF was getting a couple. They originally sold for $5 plus shipping but now a different seller has them on eBay for $10 + free shipping

LInk to the Talking Motion Detector

Link ot the Old Thread

·
Registered
622 Posts
icemanfred, here's the link to the site showing all 3. The least expensive is quite inexpensive right now but only allows 10 seconds of audio playback:

Animatronic Prop Activation / Pop Ups

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, you guys are great!!!

Mr unpleasant , looks like I have a little reading. But if it got a thumbs up from you, should be fime.

Mr grimsley
I did searches all over for that howler. only could find old links. Many thanks!

·
Scarhead Brain Tumor Guy
946 Posts
I don't know about a thumbs up iceman, it does have its flaws. The sound, while surprisingly loud for this thing, is quite tinny, if that makes sense. Also, I'd reccommend using an adapter, it burns through batteries pretty fast. One last comment on this, the range of the motion sensor stated in the listing is 6' I actually think it maybe a little futher. and it's not really sensing motion, it senses changes in lighting, this makes it difficult to use at night. I know it sounds like I'm bashing this thing, but I'm not, it's still cool little device for what it is.

p.s. Great for bathroom prranks

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
These were all the rage four years ago, it seemed like everyone on the HF was getting a couple. They originally sold for $5 plus shipping but now a different seller has them on eBay for $10 + free shipping
I remember purchasing two of these Talking Motion Detector units on eBay a couple of years ago. They worked great with batteries, and then I tested them with a wal-wart of the recommended DC voltage. The first one stopped working after that, and then a couple of months later, the second one bit the dust. Out $10 plus shipping.

From my experience, I would recommend the Halloween Howler over the Talking Motion Detector.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, I spent the extra money and got the Halloween Howler.
I cant imagine the audio being any worse than on this thing.
Volume is very very low.
I used new batteries,
Even played through a boom box the audio is horrible. everything sounds muffled.

It dosent have the message repeat delay for high trffic as advertised on haunted props

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
That's disappointing to hear. The original boxes you were looking at really aren't that great either. The sound quality is pretty poor and there is a loud pop and the end of each playback cycle. The "motion" sensor is really just a light sensor so it only works in the dark if you have a light pointed at it and someone breaks the beam. They're good for hiding in the fridge or other gag applications but not much else.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Guys I am sitting here biting my tongue. I am just days away from releasing am MP3 player board with inputs for a trigger and the ability to set a delay period so that it can't be triggered for a certain amount of time. It will play audio tracks stored on an SD card so the quality of the audio out is as good as you can make it. The trigger input requires a 3.3V - 5V signal which will interface perfectly to the PIR sensor from Parallax so you won't have to worry about the light sensor thing. So you don't think I am blowing smoke here is a link to the users guide that I have been working on: AP1_MP3Player.pdf. Unfortunately, it will not be cheap - about $100. Send me a PM if you want more details.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts