Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aucellus (or Aucky, as I've come to call him) hobbles more than he flies. His mangy feathers are no longer beautiful plumes, and mainly serve to hide his rotting, skeletal frame. He has one cataract eye that - while presumably sightless - still follows any movement nearby though the type of 'seeing' he uses it for now is beyond traditional 'sight'. Blind as he may be, you can feel him looking at you. Looking in you.

Aucky is made with various paperclay products. His wings are thinly shaped as if cartilage only covers them. When you're close to him, you can see the tiny sad little forms peeking through (you get a better sense of it from the picture of his back). I wanted you to get the impression there was just a film of skin left over his bones.

You can see more images of Aucky (pictures of his decaying chest and some more close ups) on my website in the Art Ghoullery.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow! TOO COOL!!! I absolutely love the skull, especially! I need something like that only about 4 foot tall to go on the sickle of my 18' grim reaper. All I have is the standard government issue rubber vulture, and he looks a little lost.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks :)

Witch from Canada: yeah, that picture ended up getting picked because of the shadow (and suddenly it was irrelevant how the actual prop looked...the shadow is cool and that's what's important!)

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
He is very good looking.....For a rotting dead bird. Now he just needs some brother and sister dead rotting birds. And of course wait for dead rotting mama bird to bring back some body parts from the local cemetery to feed them all lunch, or some trick or treaters on halloween night.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He looks like something out of the movie-The Dark Crystal.
I think a comparison to the genius work done on Dark Crystal is high praise. Undeserving perhaps but thanks! If only I had their budget...

He is very good looking.....For a rotting dead bird. Now he just needs some brother and sister dead rotting birds. And of course wait for dead rotting mama bird to bring back some body parts from the local cemetery to feed them all lunch, or some trick or treaters on halloween night.
I agree, but he may have to settle for a rotting dead raccoon or squirrel or another forest creature first ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts