Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, here is the new thread for likes and dis likes, all friends of payitforward surprise, please up date you needs here, if you want to join in, befriend payitforward surprise and also send us your address information, and then post here so we know who is participating in it! Every one is welcome. basically what we are doing here is sending on things that we have no use for anymore and sending on to some one who will be able to use it!!

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
ok, folks, I guess I might as well get the ball rolling, here is my list:
my first love is and always will be witches, cauldrons,brooms hats, spell books,, anything for a witches hut, although I don't do one out side like I used to, but ya just never know what I could do some day!!
[Anything for a cemetery
If anyone could make realistic witch or skelly/grim reaper hands, that would be totally awesome!
I love scary, not gross or gory, if it goes bump in the night,, it will be great!!

I love home made and thrift store things, [/
[COLOR=#9494 skulls and skellys, [/COLOR][/COLOR]
ghosts,
tombstones,
bats,
spiders and spider victims ,webs am going to do a bigger spider area, or hope to,
flood lights, spot lights.. led would be great,

am really enjoying indoor decorating ,
love witch,black cat and ghost knick knacks,,
candles,
witch art work,
decorative witch hat would be awesome,
JOL's and pumpkins of all kinds
halloween plates,, decorative dish ware ,.
any Halloween are work, etc. would be loved....
I have a wood china and leave alot of this type of thing previously listed out all year around,

dislikes: creepy dolls, clowns, , movies, zombies, gross and gory stuff,

l love potion bottles but have a lot already,,,

this could be added to as I think of more things

·
Registered
41 Posts
My likes and dislikes list UPDATED October 24, 2015

LIKE:
crystal head vodka bottle
crystal head vodka shot glasses
just about anything spooky or scary
favorite colors blue and yellow
life-size props (non - working and/or broken are acceptable)
wolves
dragons
werewolfs
vampires
grim reaper
lanterns
any skeleton parts (skulls, hands, arms, legs, feet,)
skeletons (full size, dog, bird, cat)
graveyard
tombstones
coffins
bats
crows / ravens
Dummies
Spirit step pads
Try Me buttons
Halloween lights/lighting
Funkins pumpkins
ghosts
cauldrons
witches
hats
Halloween music
candles

DISLIKE:
cutesy
glittery
girly
Ouija Board

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,730 Posts

Hocus Pocus/ The Sanderson Sisters this is my main theme for 2015.
I love everything related to Hocus Pocus

Im also doing a Witches scene this year.
I'll be needing anything you'd find in a witches lair.
I'd love a white owl or a brown one.
Any kind of critters, rats, buzzards, frogs, owls, cats, lizards. (Not zombie, skeleton or dead ones)
A book on tea leaf reading would be awesome

Any type of gothic garden items would be very much appreciated
I love Halloween related planters. Anything I can put dirt in with a succulent.
Gargoyles, fairies and other garden statues (I don't care for gnomes)

Sleepy Hollow/Headless Horseman
Jack o lanterns
I need a Brom Bones and Katrina Van Tassel tombstone

I love Edgar Allan Poe
always love bookmarks
Any kind of spooky Halloween literature stuff is right up my alley.
I also love ink bottles and cool looking pens

Wicked Witch of the West
love love love the green queen. Don't care much for the other wizard of oz characters but definitely a Wicked fan.
A Tree ornament or
snow globe would be awesome.
I dedicate a table to her. Everything is black and green of course

I don't mind glitter

I have Pinterest boards of all of my themes
If you see any of these things and would like to send me a link that would be much appreciated as well.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,046 Posts

themes for the next 3 years :) this is first time I have ever planed this far ahead LOL

2016 I will be doing a haunted graveyard

I will be working on making stones and fencing for this year.

be doing a day of the dead area in my graveyard going to need lots of
fake flowers for this area.
or any day of the dead items

2018I will be doing the haunted mansion dinner party
*items that look like they go in a haunted mansion
*from bust
* photo frames
*gothic Victorian items
*Disney mansion looking items
* chandlers or items to make them :)

2017 Mad hatter tea party.

*hats need lots off all different kinds of hats
*tea cups plan on having all different ones
*lots of tea pots.
* platers
*mushrooms
* lots and lots of tea cups

also doing a tiki 50th anniversary party for my mom and dad
so if you have tiki items you would like to get rid of send my way love to have them

* huge NBC fan
*Gothic Victorian items

I also collect Avon Cape cod red glass any of the pieces i love it all if you find plates a huge plus :)
[/SIZE]

Dislike
bloody,
gore
clowns
zombie
baby’s
body parts
dolls
cute Halloween stuff

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
If you have it, I'd be happy to get:

ROBES - light weight, Like they give out at the Playboy Mansion at parties. :D
KEYS Size of house or car keys.
Airblow Inflatables! ANY for outdoors that work.
Plastic/rubber brains - Like Dollar Store sold a few years ago
(http://www.pinterest.com/bsmithglobig/wish-list/ ) my (wish list on pinterest)
Different color sheer panels - gold, blue, red, yellow, turquoise, purple etc.
neon/lime green king size flat sheet (want to make into bed spread to match pillow cases)
cigar boxes - cardboard, wood, metal
Ground breakers for my graveyard - arms, legs, skulls
Boas - Black, White or Red
black top hats to fit small (garland) skeletons
black top hats to fit small skulls (like the skulls Walgreens has sold in bags for the last few years) they're about 2" tall

2016 - We'll be celebrating our 25th Anniversary with our Halloween Bash so....
skulls & skeletons done up as brides & grooms - Have silver mesh to go around my front door & want to do bride & groom skulls & skeleton "ornaments" to hang from it.
Skeleton bride & groom figurines -
silver - plates, napkins, table cloths, fabric
25th anniversary stuff

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,672 Posts
How exactly does this work?
You befriend "Payitforwardsurprise" and add a list of items that you are looking for to this thread. Others will do the same. If you have an item that you don't need anymore and want to give away, you look through the lists on this thread to see if anyone needs your item. Then, you message Payitforwardsurprise and ask them for that person's address. You get the address and then you can send your unwanted item to that person as a surprise. This is not an exchange, just a nice little thing to get rid of unwanted items and help someone out who may need them. Others may have an item they don't want anymore that is on your list, and they will send it to you. Some people may find an item in a store or thrift for an amazing deal that they happen to know someone here was looking for, and will buy the item and send it to them just because, also. It's all about "paying it forward"...doing something nice for another, just because!

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
you explained it perfectly, witchyKitty, Shortly I will be going through some totes in the basement, I need to down size seeing as I don't go to the campground haunts any more, I know i have items that folks can use, I would rather some one who I know would be happy with it and get good use out of it have it, rather than donate it to good will or something,,,,

BTW, we need more folks up dating here! even if you just copy and paste, come on all!! we have a LOT more signed up for PFS!

·
Registered
383 Posts
"One of those old bags like a doctor use to carry not sure the name of them"

They are called just that..a Doctors bag :p

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,672 Posts
MAIN NEEDS:

*I am REALLY in need of more outdoor decorations and lighting! (See my albums to see my graveyard to see if there is anything you could send for it to match...I also have a large back yard that I can put decor) Must be weather/wind/rain/snow proof.
*Halloween kitchen/baking items
*Witchy/magical decor for my new veggie/herb/pumpkin patch garden.
*Looking for, at least, four Halloween, XS (mini/toy dog breed...small enough for a cat to wear) pet neck bandanas...my kitties wear them for Halloween, and mine wore out. I haven't been able to find new ones. (Not the over the collar ones, just regular tie ones.)
*Funkins (or any fake, carvable type pumpkin like those): any size or shape, orange or white. I plan on turning my back garden into a Halloween decorated pumpkin patch, so I need many fake pumpkins, lol. (I have some tall orange ones, now, so some round or short ones would be great.) Anything that would work for that theme.
*Orange and/or purple LED string lights.
*Halloween subway art word signs like seen at Gordmans, At Home, ect...or handmade! Something like these: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/35325178300760780/ or https://www.pinterest.com/pin/500744052296788541/

GENERAL LIKES:
*Witches (not super ugly, evil ones, though)
*Cats
*Owls
*Pumpkins/Jack-O-Lanterns
*Anything Autumn, Fall, Harvest inspired, especially natural things like pumpkins, apples, grapevine, berries, acorns, hay bales, burlap, corn, spooky trees, fall leaves, ect.
*Crows/Ravens
*Ghosts
*Skeletons/Skulls
*Bats
*Spiders (I'd like some posable, black fuzzy spiders for indoors)
*Vintage Halloween...especially with witch, cat or owl prints!
*Scented wax cubes/tarts (NOT the kinds in the air freshener aisle like Glade or Febreeze...I don't care for air freshener smell.) Autumn scents like pumpkin, apples, caramels, leaves, campfire/marshmallow, harvest, spice, vanilla, cranberry, ect.
*Candles in above Autumn scents...must be jar candles or tea lights. I worry my 4 kitties will knock over votives, tapers or pillars.
*Graveyard items-Realistic, spooky/creepy is better...not gory/zombie, though.
*Lanterns (LED, if light included)
*Mercury Glass Halloween items like pumpkins, skulls and owls in oranges, greens, browns, black or silvers. I LOVE that stuff!
*Folklore/ghost story type stuff like "The Headless Horseman" (Love HH!!)
*Books related to Halloween info and traditions, ghost stories, ect.
*Scarecrows: spooky/creepy or pumpkin head ones.
*Halloween socks...fuzzy, regular crew, or knee high
*I also collect Skelanimals. Kit the Cat is my fave, and then Oliver the Owl and Diego the Bat...but I love the rest of them, too!
*Cute is okay if it's something you think I will really like, just not overly cute or too much of it. (...though cute owls and kitties are always acceptable!)
*Painted wooden crafty items and other assorted crafty items/props you all make so well!
*I know some of you like to send treats and Halloween toys for our pets, which is cool with us! We have four kitties!
*We have no (human) children...it's just my husband and I...and my mom, who is staying with us.

DISLIKES & DON'T NEEDS:
Clowns/dolls
Zombies
Gore/gross stuff
Bugs (except Spiders...spiders are awesome!)
Satanic things
Aliens
*I'm a vegetarian, so no dead animals or animal parts, including real leather, real bone, ect. please!!*
Not a fan of decorating with movie characters...such as Freddie, Jason, Saw, ect.
Don't need Pirate
Don't need Scientist
Don't need blow molds
No glitter, unless it's firmly sealed and can't fall off.
Potion Bottles...I have sooo many of them. (Unless you find a super cool one you think I NEED to have, lol.)

**I have a Pinterest board link in my signature with several Halloween and Witchy boards.**

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You befriend "Payitforwardsurprise" and add a list of items that you are looking for to this thread. Others will do the same. If you have an item that you don't need anymore and want to give away, you look through the lists on this thread to see if anyone needs your item. Then, you message Payitforwardsurprise and ask them for that person's address. You get the address and then you can send your unwanted item to that person as a surprise. This is not an exchange, just a nice little thing to get rid of unwanted items and help someone out who may need them. Others may have an item they don't want anymore that is on your list, and they will send it to you. Some people may find an item in a store or thrift for an amazing deal that they happen to know someone here was looking for, and will buy the item and send it to them just because, also. It's all about "paying it forward"...doing something nice for another, just because!
THANK YOU so much for explaining this to me! I truly had no clue how this works.

What a fantastic idea!!! I love this!!! :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
THEME:

Working theme for GobblerHollow's Haunt 2015: Carnival of Freaks

~ Things oriented to carnival theme, side show items
~ Cool fabric remnants, trimming, etc - could be used in costuming work
~ Extra craft paints, all colors. (Will be needed for painting various signs)
~ Anything Witch/Witchcraft oriented. There HAS to be a witch involved in a Haunt, no matter the theme. Perhaps more Swamp-Witchy / Hoodoo this time around.
~ Items to be used for a Halloween Tree (R. Bradbury style) - Really want to do that this year.

DISLIKES:
~ I'm not into super bloody / gory. Just not my deal.
~ Otherwise, I'm pretty open, working around things I posted above.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,672 Posts
THANK YOU so much for explaining this to me! I truly had no clue how this works.

What a fantastic idea!!! I love this!!! :)
You're welcome!! Don't forget to friend request payitforwardsurprise and give them your real name and address!

***Oh, and for those just signing up...make sure if you have additions for your list, to add it to your original posted list by editing it, rather than making new posts. It's easier to find everyone's needs if they are all in one place and it also keeps this thread shorter and easier to sort through! I, myself, forgot something I wanted to add to my list, so I just edited it and added it on.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I want to have a section of the graveyard for famous witches, wizards, tellers, etc. I have a stone for the Wicked Witch of the West that is pretty cool and has her hat on top of it. Would love a stone for some other famous witches, wizards, tellers, etc. or just general wizards, witches, tellers.

Spell books or wands, or potion books for a witch or wizard or VOODOO would be great. I hope to use a lot of bookshelves and need props for them.

Someone asked me why I always do witches---I just love them. I am really farming out most of my other stuff to my daughter and friends. Who knows I may be sending some of it in some of the Secret Reapers.

Maybe a scyring mirror or a great wizard's larger size wand or staff . Like Gandalf, Dumbledore or Merlin. If anyone has done the Harry Potter theme and has things left over they would be great. I WOULD LOVE to have a SORTING HAT or even Mrs. McG's tall hat. Or most anyting HP. I am thinking about that theme for maybe next year.

I will always need spiders, toads, owls, etc. though. They are a witches right hand. Right? Would love a big white owl.

I'm doing the theme Conjurers Consortium this year. I love witches and wizards and have expanded this year to include the wizards and all conjurers. I have tons of witch stuff, but could use more for the wizards and other conjurers.

What would make my little heart go pitter patter would be things to expand for VOODOO or witch doctors. I would love to expand the conjurers to all kinds. The first big reaper is just ending, but already I have seen so many wonderful things that are on the voodoo theme and I am wanting to go and scoop all of this wonderful stuff up. So, if you are creative and can do something along those lines I would LOVE it.

I have almost 20 full size witches, and about that many total of fortune tellers, wizards and sorcerers of various types.

Woud love some more Runes or bones to throw or other mojo type things to decorate with. Also staffs or signs to fit that theme. Especially if I can put them on stands of some kind since this will be in the yard. Skulls and skull or bone necklaces or hats for a voodoo guy.

I love thrift store, repurposed, new and things that are just off the wall. I just love the hunt for things as much as the receiving and decorating. You send it and I will love it---PROMISE

1 - 20 of 163 Posts