Halloween Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1471 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hope you feel better. :) Took about three weeks for whatever virus invaded us to run it’s course through the entire family.

I had a minor flooding issue yesterday and managed to walk right into the protruding leg of a headboard I had just turned on it’s side. Luckily no black eye but looks like I’m ready to sprout a horn on the right side of my forehead. Was using excessive force getting the vacuum hose reattached to my washer and managed to cut my fingers between the index and middle. Probably should have gotten a stitch or two but cleaned it up and applied steri strips and all looks well today.

Victim, I will be mailing a small package either tomorrow or Saturday and you will receive another later next week. I’m not 100% sure your large item is dry enough yet to move on and I will be working this weekend and won’t have any crafting time.
Ohh that sounds sore. Hope you feel better soon. We're an unfortunate lot here:cry:

·
Celtic Spirit
2,099 Posts
I stopped in here to let my victim know their reap will be delivered on 10/19 - must be taking the scenic route to get there.

I'm at the post office today, with my box which has a cool picture of .... something pasted on the side. Ahead of me in line are three young guys, I think maybe Brazilian or Venezuelan cause it sounded like they were speaking Portuguese. They kept looking at my box, obviously interested in it, then looking at me and jabbering away. Now, I grew up in Philadelphia and lemme tell ya, city people don't trust no-body until they're given a reason to trust them. So I neurotically start to think that one of these punks is going to grab my box and run out the door with it. I'm rapidly approaching 60, 5'2 and on a good day weigh in at 100lbs, I mean the dude could take me down with one finger, but I'm thinking to myself ain't no way in hell these guys are getting this box! One of them reaches out for it and asks "can I see?" I hug the box more protectively to me and in my most stern mother voice tell him, "No! It's only a decoration!"

Well, this sweet young man shows me his tattoo on the back of his leg and it is almost identical to the picture on my box! Of course, I immediately hand him the box so he could look at the picture closer. He kept saying, " very nice, very nice" and we were all laughing and smiling. Anyone with a cool tattoo like his can be trusted in my book.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,584 Posts
I stopped in here to let my victim know their reap will be delivered on 10/19 - must be taking the scenic route to get there.

I'm at the post office today, with my box which has a cool picture of .... something pasted on the side. Ahead of me in line are three young guys, I think maybe Brazilian or Venezuelan cause it sounded like they were speaking Portuguese. They kept looking at my box, obviously interested in it, then looking at me and jabbering away. Now, I grew up in Philadelphia and lemme tell ya, city people don't trust no-body until they're given a reason to trust them. So I neurotically start to think that one of these punks is going to grab my box and run out the door with it. I'm rapidly approaching 60, 5'2 and on a good day weigh in at 100lbs, I mean the dude could take me down with one finger, but I'm thinking to myself ain't no way in hell these guys are getting this box! One of them reaches out for it and asks "can I see?" I hug the box more protectively to me and in my most stern mother voice tell him, "No! It's only a decoration!"

Well, this sweet young man shows me his tattoo on the back of his leg and it is almost identical to the picture on my box! Of course, I immediately hand him the box so he could look at the picture closer. He kept saying, " very nice, very nice" and we were all laughing and smiling. Anyone with a cool tattoo like his can be trusted in my book.
I hope your Victim posts the picture on the box so we know what this cool tattoo looked like!

·
Registered
334 Posts

Isn’t it so cool when a we share a connection with total strangers in this way?! Thanks, you made me smile!

·
Celtic Spirit
2,099 Posts
Isn’t it so cool when a we share a connection with total strangers in this way?! Thanks, you made me smile!
Oh yeah, that's what was so cool about it. All barriers of culture, language and age were transcended because of this motif.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,584 Posts
thanks WitchyKitty, I won't push you in the pool.............for a while.
LOL! Thanks. 😂
Though, we are having an odd heat spell...and I'm having a good deal of back pain, lately...I might just jump in that nice, cool water, myself!

·
Registered
682 Posts
There is a theme here. I was a procrastinator getting my list posted and now I am a procrastinator getting my box packed and shipped. Maybe I am just worried they wont like what direction I went with their list? Ugh, I guess I better just pack it up and wait to see. My last project failed last night. Ordered more supplies but they wont come until Sunday. Do I go with what I have or ship some now and more later? Funny how SR can be so stressful o_O
Then again it is the best time of the year so wouldn't miss it 💀

·
Celtic Spirit
2,099 Posts
Awww, thanks for all the likes on my post office post. I was worried it would come across that I thought the guys were up to something because they were young, male or Brazilian. In fact, back in the 80's, I dated a young, male, Brazilian that's how I knew they were speaking Portuguese. It was just the way they were obviously interested in my package and kept looking at me, as if sizing me up, and my inbred city mistrust of strangers that made me suspicious.

I'll post a picture of what was on the box after my reap reveal. I'd do it now but I don't want to give away my identity to my victim.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Spookerstar, maybe ship now, & do a second box later if you feel guilty about not sending something. I'm discovering the easier I think it's going to be, the longer it takes. I saw some pretty cool stuff outside during reaper weekend, I think your victim will be very happy with everything!

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
A victim out there should expect a delivery on Monday. I hope you like your reap creepy one. 👽

1361 - 1380 of 1471 Posts