Halloween Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1471 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I may be a tad envious. This summer has been completely tolerable and I realize that I shouldn’t complain, but we’re still around 105(ish) with humidity from the monsoons. I’m just wanting some reprieve (it’s supposed to be mid-to-low 90s the next few days but quite humid, so I guess that is some reprieve!). I love living in the desert 9 months of the year, but mid-June to mid-September sure tests my resolve.
Well, you could come out here to Florida. It's hot in the spring, hot in summer, hot in fall, and hot in winter. It's 95% humidity in spring, 99% in summer, 95% in fall and 90% in winter..................just a thought. lol

·
Goats EAT Great Pumpkins
877 Posts
Well, you could come out here to Florida. It's hot in the spring, hot in summer, hot in fall, and hot in winter. It's 95% humidity in spring, 99% in summer, 95% in fall and 90% in winter..................just a thought. lol
Lived in Jacksonville for three years - I’m good!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just a thought........did you try asking the Post Office if they wouldn't changing their hours so that way they are open when you aren't at work??? I tried doing that a few years ago when i was sending a buddy of mine a package and unfortunately..........they laughed at me....

·
Goats EAT Great Pumpkins
877 Posts
All boxed up and ready to send...now just have to figure out when to send. The Post Office seems to want to keep their hours the same as my work hours...
I can’t speak from experience, but my sister prints her labels and requests pick up through usps.com - I work right by the pot office and get off before they close, so have no need for that... but it might be worth looking into!

·
Registered
394 Posts
All boxed up and ready to send...now just have to figure out when to send. The Post Office seems to want to keep their hours the same as my work hours...
You can buy and print shipping labels at USPS.com. If one of your packages is going Priority you can request pickup on the website too. I find flat rate priority to be the easiest way to ship - free boxes and no figuring weight/measurements. Also some post offices have these kiosk deals with a scale and everything where you can buy and print shipping labels any time of day.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I may be a tad envious. This summer has been completely tolerable and I realize that I shouldn’t complain, but we’re still around 105(ish) with humidity from the monsoons. I’m just wanting some reprieve (it’s supposed to be mid-to-low 90s the next few days but quite humid, so I guess that is some reprieve!). I love living in the desert 9 months of the year, but mid-June to mid-September sure tests my resolve.
I feel for you!! Sincerely. I live, and grew up, in a very dry climate with little to no humidity. Anytime I go anywhere real humid I think I am drowning.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,276 Posts
No crafting here over the weekend, well not reaper crafting that is. I took a landscape quilting class Saturday and yes, it is taking a sort of Halloween direction. Yesterday it was back to work as hubby has been handling everything on his own since the cold virus started its rampage through the family.

I still have a bit of paper mache to do on one project but it's minor and should dry this afternoon. Then time to make a massive batch of clay and hopefully have everything finished and drying Tuesday. Wednesday will likely be spent working on a few other items for my victim and Thursday will be painting and sealing day. I had planned to ship Friday but Munchkin's therapy is scheduled early so I might have to take off from work Saturday to take a trip to the post office. A little bit of a time crunch but should be doable. :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm planning on getting a craft done today. Then, there is one more thing I want to do and I'll be done. All of the reaper projects I have done have been simple, and haven't taken that much time. I'm pretty happy with them though. There is one more thing I want to do this week and I'm done. Well, I'm still waiting on a bought item. The tracking says it will be here by the 10th. I think I'm going to run by USPS tomorrow and see what priority and flat rate boxes they have and be figuring that part out. I want to start packaging the stuff that's ready. Once I get this this package sent out, I need to decide if I'm doing the 2nd Reaper. I'm tempted!

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,276 Posts
I'm planning on getting a craft done today. Then, there is one more thing I want to do and I'll be done. All of the reaper projects I have done have been simple, and haven't taken that much time. I'm pretty happy with them though. There is one more thing I want to do this week and I'm done. Well, I'm still waiting on a bought item. The tracking says it will be here by the 10th. I think I'm going to run by USPS tomorrow and see what priority and flat rate boxes they have and be figuring that part out. I want to start packaging the stuff that's ready. Once I get this this package sent out, I need to decide if I'm doing the 2nd Reaper. I'm tempted!
Good luck on the flat rate boxes. I know I’ve already exceeded the size allowance. :D

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,001 Posts
Just a heads up to my reaper
i will be leaving out of town this Friday and returning Tuesday .
but someone is home if your package arrives when i am going to bring it inside so it is safe :)
Just know If it dose come then i will not beable to open till i get back:)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,587 Posts
I'll bring this up, again, for those who may not have seen my earlier tip or don't already know:

Unless you have something really heavy and smaller items, I've always found I could fit more things in and pay less for my own box rather than a USPS flat rate box. If you keep the size of the box 12 x 12 or under, the price stays fairly low to ship. You can check your shipping rates on their website by entering in the zip codes, size of box and the weight (which, if you don't have a scale handy for boxes, you can just weigh yourself on a bathroom scale, step off, pick up your box of items (unsealed in case you need to make item adjustments for weight), step back on the scale, take the difference of the two weights and that would be your box weight. Once you enter that all in, you can see your shipping options and prices. Regular priority shipping is usually best.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Personally, and I’m just speaking for myself, the enjoyment of putting together a reap for my victim and seeing them post photos is thanks enough. I don’t really need a personal, direct or special thank you. I just want them to hopefully enjoy and use what I send.

I do understand that others like to be thanked directly and I get that but not everyone does. So if my reaper reveals themselves or not it’s all good to me. I want them to do what they are comfortable with.

I’m a very private person by nature. Several years ago I participated in a similar exchange on the Etsy forum. The recipient took pictures of the box with my name and address and posted them online along with a huge thank you using my real name. This was something I felt extremely uncomfortable with as I had been stalked in the past. I was horrified and not in a good way! All of the fun I had in the exchange vanished, like being hit with a bucket of cold water. It took a long time to venture into anything remotely like this again. Some may not want the attention for lots of reasons and I respect that.
Wycked so sorry that happened to you. How stressful when it was supposed to be fun!
Witchful I love the photo of the fire, socks, wine and vampire blood. Wish I was right there with you. So excited for your victim to get their box.
I thought I would be shipping tomorrow but now I think it will be Thursday. I need to stay off Amazon! Now I have to wait for a delivery on Wednesday :)
Victim, having so much fun with you this year

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'll bring this up, again, for those who may not have seen my earlier tip or don't already know:

Unless you have something really heavy and smaller items, I've always found I could fit more things in and pay less for my own box rather than a USPS flat rate box. If you keep the size of the box 12 x 12 or under, the price stays fairly low to ship. You can check your shipping rates on their website by entering in the zip codes, size of box and the weight (which, if you don't have a scale handy for boxes, you can just weigh yourself on a bathroom scale, step off, pick up your box of items (unsealed in case you need to make item adjustments for weight), step back on the scale, take the difference of the two weights and that would be your box weight. Once you enter that all in, you can see your shipping options and prices. Regular priority shipping is usually best.
I was worried about the weight of a small but heavy item. What I was planning on doing was trying to put things in the smallest box possible and weigh it, then check shipping costs and compare to the smallest flat rate I could fit it in.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,587 Posts
Comparing rates is always the best way to go! Check places that will ship the cheapest and safest for your particular gifts!
I was worried about the weight of a small but heavy item. What I was planning on doing was trying to put things in the smallest box possible and weigh it, then check shipping costs and compare to the smallest flat rate I could fit it in.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dearest Victim,
I want you to know, that even though i am getting irritated with this project for you, i am having a lot of fun creating it and hopefully it will steal a place out in the open all year long. With that said.......GAH!!!!!!!! I got to go to the store again tomorrow for ONE LAST piece needed for this project. I thought i could use some old items i had laying around, but it turns out that it matches NOTHING! so off to the store i go tomorrow......of course after cutting the grass, and hopefully getting a full night sleep.

1301 - 1320 of 1471 Posts