Halloween Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1471 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Crafting here! The only place I have to spray paint is outside, in the open, under trees. So I’m currently standing in our backyard holding a piece of cardboard over one of our projects. This thing had better turn out as well as we hoped! 😝

·
Registered
351 Posts
LadyGoats, awesome costumes! That sounds like so much fun. We were supposed to go see It today but things fell through and not everyone could go so we decided to wait.

I worked today until 1:00, then grocery store. We are going to dinner with friends in a bit, so my day is full. Crafting usually takes place here during the week on a day when I'm off work, my daughter is in school, and my husband is asleep. I have done some sort of crafting every day this week through yesterday though, so I feel pretty good about that. Not all was for the swap, but some was. I need a supply that I may grab when we are out tonight.

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Who’s getting some crafting done today??

I’ve got a few minutes to try to finish up my project later, but am soooo tired. My eldest and I went to a Clowns Only showing of IT last night and I’m too old for these late-night outings
Oh that is AWESOME!!! I would have loved to have been a part of that showing.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Today was the final push! Was able to redo the project I broke. Painting, sealing, crafting, sweating, spooky music and hot glue burns - what a great way to spend a Saturday! Tonight when it was dark I was able to test the lighting and err....well you will see what effects shortly victim!

As I was finishing I stood outside and looked up to see that wonderfully spooky effect when clouds are moving past the moon and then there was a crack of thunder and the rain started softly...it was the most wonderful Halloween/fall moment! It felt like something straight out of a movie!

Your reap will be shipping out Monday victim-the wait is almost over!

·
Goats EAT Great Pumpkins
877 Posts
Today was the final push! Was able to redo the project I broke. Painting, sealing, crafting, sweating, spooky music and hot glue burns - what a great way to spend a Saturday! Tonight when it was dark I was able to test the lighting and err....well you will see what effects shortly victim!

As I was finishing I stood outside and looked up to see that wonderfully spooky effect when clouds are moving past the moon and then there was a crack of thunder and the rain started softly...it was the most wonderful Halloween/fall moment! It felt like something straight out of a movie!

Your reap will be shipping out Monday victim-the wait is almost over!
I love it when that happens

·
Celtic Spirit
2,099 Posts
I really can't craft, although I try. One paint project I have an extra line and am not really sure what to do about it and the other paint project is off centered, even though I measured (apparently I can't do math either). My glue project came out ok as long as the glue holds. Just need to collect a few more items today and hope to ship under deadline.

·
Creepy Homeschool Mom
778 Posts
I’m such a terrible Victim! My kids came home after spending the summer in Hawaii, so my time went to cuddles and adjusting them on the 6 hour time difference. Then school started, not just for the kids, but myself. I was just a little overwhelmed and tucked in.

I know how hard it is to stalk someone that’s not active, and I feel badly for that. Please accept my apologies, my dear Reaper!

·
Registered
807 Posts
The cats & I got something pinned together just now. I'll finish it in a bit, when they're done laying on it..... my first project was more of a struggle than I anticipated. I actually went back to the original idea, & just made it work. Still waiting on something to arrive, so I'm pretty sure it's going separately. Lesson learned, make generic "anybody" gifts throughout the year, so the deadline isn't crunch time. (Also don't do fabric projects within the cats reach)

·
Registered
636 Posts
What is this a picture of you might wonder? Well if you said my favorite socks from my Reaper last year Hearthfire, or my 2,000 year old vampire blood from a_granger’s Etsy shop you would be right. However what it REALLY is a picture of is my feet up after getting my victims package all packed up and loaded in my car ready to ship in the morning!

I wasn’t able to package it in the way I had imagined due to underestimating the size of the box so it’s a bit of a jumble - hopefully my victim will get what goes with what but at least it all made it in the box (after I had to open it back up and put in the card I forgot the first go around!)

Now the nervous wait starts!

·
Registered
232 Posts
So....My two days off tomorrow and tuesday. I'm going to push as hard as i can to finish up my victim's reap. Just hope i can get it done in two days, if not, it'll be done during the morning this week (since i work nights this week). I got to go to the store for the last of what i need tomorrow, and then the Vet (my dog's shots are due). Store morning, Vet mid day, Reap afternoon, that's my schedule........let's see if it goes that way.

·
Registered
636 Posts
A glass of wine, a fire, and Halloween socks. Sounds like a good night to me! It was 95 degrees here today, so no fire for me LOL.
It was in the 90’s here today but then we had a hellacious thunder storm which put me in the fall mood and cooled it off somewhat so I couldn’t resist!

·
Goats EAT Great Pumpkins
877 Posts
It was in the 90’s here today but then we had a hellacious thunder storm which put me in the fall mood and cooled it off somewhat so I couldn’t resist!
I may be a tad envious. This summer has been completely tolerable and I realize that I shouldn’t complain, but we’re still around 105(ish) with humidity from the monsoons. I’m just wanting some reprieve (it’s supposed to be mid-to-low 90s the next few days but quite humid, so I guess that is some reprieve!). I love living in the desert 9 months of the year, but mid-June to mid-September sure tests my resolve.

1281 - 1300 of 1471 Posts