Halloween Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1471 Posts

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Question, since I'm new to this. When you send your gift out to your victim, do you identify yourself... or do you remain Anonymous and let them try to figure it out?
Yes

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Victim, I've finished working on your project. I have a character flaw, I'm a perfectionist so I see every little bit and piece that doesn't look perfect. I hope hope it's to your satisfaction as this was the very first time I've ever done anything like this. New project, new materials, new tools, new everything! It was all foreign to me. Now I just need to remove stickers from some items, repackage a couple, wrap a thing or two, pack it all up and send it on it's way! :alien:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes she is—that would be fun to have you here (and meet you in person)! Wish we could transport you from the hurricane threat straight to reaper weekend! I keep thinking about your advice while working on my projects!

So sorry to hear that—summer colds can be the worst!

Such an amazing attitude in the face of adversity. Hoping you weather the storm without issue!
Thank you! It barely touched us!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wooooh! That was a bit tiring. The Hurricane is starting to die and now they are saying we're supposed to get Tropical Storm strength wind and rain. Thank you to all the prayers and positive energy sent our way. Please keep it up, there's another one out there. As for my victim, i;m making head way, but have to wait until stores reopen, i had to make a change.
That hurricane stress really is a pain in the butt. I wish you all the best. Be prepared! Let me know if you need anything that maybe your local stores ran out of. The hurricane skipped over us last minute so we have left over supplies like batteries and such. I can ship those over if needed. Stay safe.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well...caught a dang cold
So the rest of my crafting was put on hold for the time being. I will get back to it asap!!!
Yep, it went through our house too. Then my parents got it from watching Sprout, and my dad is on antibiotics for it becoming an infection. Fun times. Hope you feel better!

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,276 Posts
Well I feel a bit like Dr. Frankenstein this morning--putting together parts and pieces to make something come alive. I made a few projects a bit on the small side because of shipping, but after the latest procedure on one project, I will definitely need a bigger box or maybe two. Erred a bit on proportions of another project but after assembling everything I think it looks okay. Headed outside to do more paper mache as I'm hoping to have all mache work done by tomorrow evening.

Oh and the really magnificent thing is that during my mache marathon Tuesday, I encountered very little back and shoulder discomfort which means I have finally healed!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well I feel a bit like Dr. Frankenstein this morning--putting together parts and pieces to make something come alive. I made a few projects a bit on the small side because of shipping, but after the latest procedure on one project, I will definitely need a bigger box or maybe two. Erred a bit on proportions of another project but after assembling everything I think it looks okay. Headed outside to do more paper mache as I'm hoping to have all mache work done by tomorrow evening.

Oh and the really magnificent thing is that during my mache marathon Tuesday, I encountered very little back and shoulder discomfort which means I have finally healed!
Healing is wonderful news! Very little discomfort is a great sign. Paper mache is so much fun, glad you can do it without pain. Looking forward to seeing your creations!

·
Registered
234 Posts
That hurricane stress really is a pain in the butt. I wish you all the best. Be prepared! Let me know if you need anything that maybe your local stores ran out of. The hurricane skipped over us last minute so we have left over supplies like batteries and such. I can ship those over if needed. Stay safe.
I really appreciate it Mortiaddams. The storm turned out that it was a little rain and just windy. It really wasn't that bad. Went back to work today to help with the clean up and it was very little damage. Just a lot of cleaning from leaves and small branches.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Figured out what my Victim is getting... is it wrong I'm getting myself one too???

Question, since I'm new to this. When you send your gift out to your victim, do you identify yourself... or do you remain Anonymous and let them try to figure it out?
Please identify yourself! I've gotten 2 fabulous reaps over the years from reapers I was never able to thank properly.

·
Goats EAT Great Pumpkins
877 Posts
Yep, it went through our house too. Then my parents got it from watching Sprout, and my dad is on antibiotics for it becoming an infection. Fun times. Hope you feel better!
What a mess - sorry to hear about everyone getting sick. And Farble Fumble, especially sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wish I was crafty like you guys! My victim is getting store bought. I will have to practice crafting in the off season so maybe I can craft some for next year's victim. Can't wait to see pics of all the crafted items!
I just bought my victim a gift.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,276 Posts
I really appreciate it Mortiaddams. The storm turned out that it was a little rain and just windy. It really wasn't that bad. Went back to work today to help with the clean up and it was very little damage. Just a lot of cleaning from leaves and small branches.
So glad you are safe.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,587 Posts
Good to hear you are safe and the storm didn't hit you guys too hard.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,587 Posts
Well, I got my piece all cut out and lookin' nice and then realized that I designed it all wrong to do what I wanted it to do.
SIGH.
Having a Tim Gunn, "Make it work" moment o'er here!
You can just send it to me!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Please identify yourself! I've gotten 2 fabulous reaps over the years from reapers I was never able to thank properly.
Personally, and I’m just speaking for myself, the enjoyment of putting together a reap for my victim and seeing them post photos is thanks enough. I don’t really need a personal, direct or special thank you. I just want them to hopefully enjoy and use what I send.

I do understand that others like to be thanked directly and I get that but not everyone does. So if my reaper reveals themselves or not it’s all good to me. I want them to do what they are comfortable with.

I’m a very private person by nature. Several years ago I participated in a similar exchange on the Etsy forum. The recipient took pictures of the box with my name and address and posted them online along with a huge thank you using my real name. This was something I felt extremely uncomfortable with as I had been stalked in the past. I was horrified and not in a good way! All of the fun I had in the exchange vanished, like being hit with a bucket of cold water. It took a long time to venture into anything remotely like this again. Some may not want the attention for lots of reasons and I respect that.

1261 - 1280 of 1471 Posts