Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention colorado haunters!!! October Gathering!

ATTENTION COLORADO HAUNTERS!!!

Alright, so we're all bummed that the major new Halloween convention that was being discussed isn't going to happen this year. However... while we might all get caught up in our builds this time of year, and don't often make much time to visit other haunters in the area... we are determined to change it!!!

We would love to meet our friendly neighborhood Colorado haunters outside of emails and the forums...

As such, we, 'The Roses', will be hosting a Meet and Greet / Drink and Think, (thanks to Steve-O and Jeff for the phrase) at our home
'Darkrose Manor' in S.E. Aurora, CO on Saturday evening beginning at 6pm on October 3rd, 2009.

This is a BYOB/Pot Luck gathering that will allow all of us Colorado Haunters to get acquainted and talk shop. So bring your favorite beverages and a snack or entree to share and let's get to know one another!! Faces to the names people!!!

Want to make some new friends of like mind in your area???? Let's build what we call.... 'The Colorado Haunter's Association"!

For more information call 303-722-0901 or email us at questions @ darkrosemanor.com - We SIN-cerely appreciate your R.S.V.P.... Email us or give us a call!!

Thanks so much guys!! 'Tread with Dread'!!!

SIN-cerely,
August and Pandora

·
Registered
330 Posts
This sounds fantastic! You can certainly count the misses and myself in for this one. Oh, and thanks for the message on the pirate forum of ill repute!

~Malachai

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Kooka,

Well, I wouldn't think there will be anything too crazy happening. ;)

Kids are certainly welcome, especially the older ones that are involved in what we 'freaky' parents do as a hobby. August and I have two daughters that are 11 and 13. They love what we do for Halloween and like to be involved as much as possible. (The girls won't be present on this night, though.) Truthfully, I would say use your best judgement as their parent. You know your boys best. :)

I imagine there will be drinking though I don't expect anything too terribly rowdy. ;)

-Pandora

·
Registered
90 Posts
The boys are 6 and 9, but they are well behaved and are really into helping me with my Halloween stuff.

Right now I am planning on being there. Most likely my wife and the two boys will be tagging along. So have me down for a group of four.

I may be a little worn out, since that is the day we are going to put up the walls for the Cub Scout Haunted House, which will take up just about all my free time for the two weeks after that. And yes, I will be bringing fliers to promote it with me.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Dark Rose just want to wish you a good turnout for your get together. It took me over a year to start the North Carolina Haunters Group but let me tell ya it was worth it. We have such a nice group now & try to meet as often as we can. The 1st year everyone was just so excited showing their props & demonstrating new ideas. This new year we plan to get into some serious builds & we always EAT good!

Have a good time!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kooka and Mobile Mayhem - we truly look forward to meeting you and we are super excited you'll be attending! :D

Muffy, thanks for the well wishes! We now have a total of 25 confirmed with guests! We would have counted ourselves lucky with 5! :) We are thrilled that we'll get to put some faces to names and just can't wait to meet everyone! So, thanks again for your kind words!

·
Presidential Canidate
7,274 Posts
Is it too late ?
I just now saw this message......

·
Registered
32 Posts
We'll be there.

We'll be towing our teen (who is on again off again with Halloween these days) and our 4 month old. There's a range for you. :)

Is anyone planning on bringing any of their 2009 projects to show off? I'm debating what I can drag in the car. :)

Also as a side note, if any of you guys are on FB, I also have a Denver-Area Yard Haunters group that you're also welcome to join and chat, post pics, etc... because you can never have ENOUGH places to talk about Halloween. ;)

Denver Area Yard Haunters | Facebook

--Mr. Skully

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll be there...can't wait to meet everyone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
REMINDER - Colorado Gathering next Saturday!!!

Next Saturday Evening is the big night!!

If you haven't RSVP'd yet but meant to... get on it! :D

We have nearly 40 Colorado haunters on the confirmed list so far! Don't miss your chance to meet those of like-mind!

As a reminder...
This is a BYOB and Pot Luck gathering...so don't forget to bring your favorite beverages and a snack or entree to share and let's get to know one another!!

For more information call 303-722-0901 or email us at questions @ darkrosemanor.com - We SIN-cerely appreciate your R.S.V.P.... Email us or give us a call!!

Thanks so much guys!! 'Tread with Dread'!!!

SIN-cerely,
August and Pandora

1 - 20 of 32 Posts