Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fello Haunters, I just came across this amazing scare prop and am interested in building the same myself DIY style. I'm thinking bluetooth speaker imbedded in the arm ran off a phone with the downloadable sound files off the site. Just gotta work out how to fill the prop without weighing it down to much. These arent cheap and I'm willing to spend more on a good mask and try my best at it. Shouldnt be to hard to figure out how it all is put together to look so real. Anyone with experience or pointers i would love some build advice or tips to make it look similar to the purchased version.

Heres the link to the prop Attack Zombie Sally Puppet - VFX Creates

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Just use a two part foam or great stuff to fill it out. It will be light weight you could then cut the foam to allow movement and articulation. You just need a PVC pipe in a mask with the same method. This will allow head turning with a twist of the wrist. The arms are attached to the same pipe so when the head comes toward you so do the arms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't realize the talented Bakersben had already done something similar. I'm gonna soon start sourcing good feet and hands with a good quality female mask for it.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,441 Posts
That's a pretty cool prop! Never seen that one before. It doesn't look like it would be too hard to duplicate. That's a heck of a price tag on that thing! Yikes!
Good luck with your build! Should be a big hit.
Maybe just stuff her with wadded up grocery bags? Or those air-filled bubble things they put in boxes for shipping?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I made a Duct tape version of my wife. LOL..filled it with paper and added dollar store Zombie feet and hands . Cut a hole in the side torso so i could run my hand inside the dummy and filled it back with paper. I attached a styrofoam head and taped the neck to the duct tape dummy. I downloaded the free zombie mp3 samples from VFX website and will stuff my bluetooth UE mega boom bluetooth speaker inside the front leg. Its pretty much the same shape as the thigh. My phone plays the samples and i can control the head movements from inside the torso. When i have it sit on my hip i wrap the legs around me and use a large elastic band to tie them together so they look like its wrapped around me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts