Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good mourning, my Halloween friends! I thought I'd share a few preview photos of this year's yard haunt: Giant radioactive spiders have taken residence in my friend's home, Darkstone Manor. And, needless to say, things are getting a little out of control...we'll call the exterminator on November 1st.
photo (19).JPG
photo (12).jpg
photo (13).jpg
photo (14).jpg
photo (15).jpg
photo (16).jpg
photo (17).JPG
photo (18).jpg
In all my years of Halloween haunting, this was really my first year working with foam. I'm particularly pleased with my Darkstone Manor haunt sign and the window boards. We also have a blood-and-spider-covered skeleton inside the front window, but it's hard to photograph since it's only lit by a strobe light.

Next year, I plan to make a cemetery scene, so there will be even more foam work for tombstones, crypts, etc.
Happy Halloween!! (almost).
--JaCk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the kind words! Roach, the webs are made from a material called beef netting. I'm really happy with the way it looks, and it's easy to tie into place. You just cut the holes yourself.

I learned about it here on the forum, and I ordered it from: http://www.trentonmills.com/halloween_spiderwebs.htm
--JaCk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks JaCk I did not know about that stuff looks really good and has the effect I want too. I just tried Google to see if I could find any local and nothing so far but thanks for the link I will sure get some for next year !

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you, Countess! The victim on the porch was a fun build - he has a reindeer motor inside that makes his head and feet raise. Hopefully we'll get some good scares out of that. I hope to get some good movies of the motion in the walkthrough of the spider victim and the window strobe light skeleton. :)
--JaCk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
JaCk
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing