Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of building some Halloween wreaths for my front door, and I'm in a bit of a quandry as to the best way to attach
things to the grapevine wreath base.

I've got some small plastic skulls that I'm going to halve and fill with foam, and I'm wondering if I should hotglue them to the vines, or
to embed a wire into the foam and the intertwine it into the vines and then twist it off in the back?

I'm using the foam this year, as I did something similar last year, and the skulls were too light and the winds blew them all off.

Thanks in advance....

-cid.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hot glue, definitely. If the skulls are foam you'll need to use a low temp glue gun. The high temp glue will just melt the foam.

Edit: Opps, I didn't read carefully enough. If you're filling the half skulls with something like Great Stuff you might not need to glue them on at all. As you fill them with foam just stick the skulls to the wreath using the foam as glue then let dry

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update (and a caution). The Great Stuff foam has some kind of a chemical that caused the breakdown of the plastic skulls I was
using. They got to be the consistency of putty or play-do.

Fortunately, I had overbought these and only did a few of them at first.

I'm working on a way to attach them using floral wire...

arg.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thought I'd post the final outcome. Didn't come out as bad as I'd feared.

Thanks to all for the great help & suggestions!!

image.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts