Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, aside from the trashy factor. :p Does anyone here think I'd have problems if I attached two Halloween decorations to the back of my car?

I have two "hanging guys", about 3" long each including their long robes, so not super-big, that I'm not using for my display this year and I feel guilty, leaving them in the garage for another 12 months. One is a pirate and the other is a chained ghost.

If I attached them to either side of the top of my car and secured them so they didn't billow & obstruct other drivers' vision, do you think I'd get in trouble with the police?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a skeleton attached to the luggage rack of my Acura MDX with zip ties. He is very secure and doesnt move at all even at top speed! LOL I will post a pic later today. I would just be careful if they are moving because this may get the siren if they are swinging around.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Should be ok, just need to watch for thieves. I used to put those stuck-in-the-door limbs hanging out the back of my trunk. It was stolen one night, so the next day to got another one, threaded it with a wire coat hanger, then attached the coat hanger to a large weight inside my trunk. A few days later, in thte morning, I found that someone had tried to pull it out, but the weight kept it in.

It was probably just some punk kids in the neighborhood, but it mde me become cautious.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here is the pic!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks!! I get a lot of second looks and pointing as I am going down the road and when I park in the parking lot!

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
I use to have a chain wrapped around my back bumper and the other end wrapped around a severed hand dragging behind my car. I also once ripped out the back brake light in the back window, carved an actual pumpkin and wired the lite in the pumpkin to the brakes. People really loved that one. :p

Addicted2Boo love the skellie!!!!!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Zip ties are your friends. I have been using them for about the last 4 years attaching things to the front of my trucks for Halloween. Just remember, the cops don't like you. lol Make sure the liscense plate is clearly visible, along with the tail lights and that nothing is sticking too far out from your bumper or you need to tag it with a reg flag. Oh, and make sure it's not going to be dropping things on the road or flying into someones windshield. lol

Show us what you are doing. I'll try to post my pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a skeleton attached to the luggage rack of my Acura MDX with zip ties. He is very secure and doesnt move at all even at top speed! LOL I will post a pic later today. I would just be careful if they are moving because this may get the siren if they are swinging around.

Does the luggage does weigh more if it is having a skeleton on it.Does it bring some worries while flying somewhere?

luggage scales

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
View attachment 9473

Here we do similar each year. Last year, we bought our giant Freddy, we sat him in the back seat, staring directly at the car behind us. Cars even honked at us, and people waving at us how cool Freddy looked.. Good times.. (L)

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
All these pics are great!
I like the smashed witch on the front grill.
Those bloody handprints on the trunk look cool too, osenator.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
See my website= my cars

www.hauntedravensgrin.com
When I built the motorcyle wreck with the skeleton rider impaled in the driver's door on my 79 T-Bird as long as it didnot protrude 9"? from the passenger side of the car it was OK, here in Illinois.
On the driver's side 9" was not allowed.
When securing any object to your car remember vibration, wind, gusts of wind from passing trucks and those locking nuts for threaded bolts and super-strong bolts if it is heavy or possibly prone to alot of yanking from drunks.
Pop rivets are good for small metal items because they don't unscrew.
I have found a Halloween decorated car gets ALOT of attention, very good, cheap advertising (if you need that?)
Yes, those arms on my station wagon do go up& down, controlled from me inside the car. The motive force are the old headlight door vacuum units from my now destroyed T-bird.
We need an up to date picture on the web site of the station wagon, it has a shark fin in the middle/front of the roof now and a different paint job.

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
958 Posts
These are great pictures!! I have wanted to attach something onto my car....bloody hand, foot, skeleton, etc...each year. BUT I always feel guilty...like, what if it caused a horrible accident? Because when I see things like this on other peoples cars, I hardly pay attention to my own driving because Im trying to look at the decor. Im the accident waiting to happen lol!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Those are all great ideas. I havent done anything with my car yet but i have thought it before. I was just thinking of sppoking it up with some cling type decorations.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
These all look great. :) I'm afraid to do it around here because it would most likely get stolen. I had a foam pumpkin head for my antnea and it got stolen. :(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts