Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
You are welcome. I used to live in a 1939 farm house, so vinyl siding on a newer home had been a challenge in decorating.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am covering some of our outer front windows with Foam boards cut and painted to look like wood planks. Any idea what I could use on our vunyl siding to attach the planks? It looks like the grooves on the above hook are very slim, so won't hold a piece of foam board.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am covering some of our outer front windows with Foam boards cut and painted to look like wood planks. Any idea what I could use on our vunyl siding to attach the planks? It looks like the grooves on the above hook are very slim, so won't hold a piece of foam board.
Do you have windows that open from the top and bottom? I just attached twine to my "boards", tied a knot in the twine to prevent slippage and closed the twine in the upper section of my windows to secure them. They stayed up with no issues for the 32 days they were up!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Do you have windows that open from the top and bottom? I just attached twine to my "boards", tied a knot in the twine to prevent slippage and closed the twine in the upper section of my windows to secure them. They stayed up with no issues for the 32 days they were up!

Some on our porch do open and close, so that is good idea on those! thanks
The other 2 are super large windows and they don't open and close. Hmmm........

I was thinking to try the sticky putty you can use on walls to hang things that are pretty light, as when used on indoor walls or trim, it comes right off. Just not sure how it would hold up outside and remove after being outside. Definitely don't want to damage the siding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts