Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my friends have apparently been scouring Pintrest for ideas for me to decorate... They've decided that they want me to have my PNS skels climbing the walls...literally.

5eb8fddd03a882b3e99a18239fe023fa.jpg

The question is, how the heck do I attach the skels to the vinyl siding? Can't use hooks cuz the siding is brittle (old, crapily built house). Don't want anything that will discolor the oh-so attractive vanilla color. Has to be something that will keep the buggers up there for a couple weeks even if it rains.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
503 Posts
You could use fishing line and attach it under the soffit. If you have a wood fascia or wood behind the soffit, you can screw in hooks to tie the fishing line to.
If this is not the case, you could put a small diameter nail through the top vinyl siding piece, closest to the soffit. Just pre-drill it first with a narrow drill bit, hammer in a nail with a head and tie the fishing line to it. Figure out the pose of your skelly and tie off the appropriate amount of line. I used fishing line to prop a skelly to look like he was climbing a tree at my friend's place. It worked great.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Braided fishing line (spiderwire) while not transparent, is a lot thinner and stronger than monofilament fishing line. 50lb breaking strength braided line will only be as thick as 17lb monofilament line. The thinner line may be less noticeable even though it's not clear. Just be sure to double up on your knots. Braided line is slippery and most simple knots can slip when it gets wet. (rain)

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,130 Posts
Tiny eye hooks and black zip-ties is my recipe for this type of installation.....from the ground, it's nearly invisible in the daytime. At night it will never be seen.

Additionally, it's quick and easy. :)

Best of luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts