Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I thought I'd show off the new decorations I recently finished. I built two new walls to enclose my front porch because the ones I made last year were left out of the shed and were ruined so I decided to change them up a bit. This year I decided to go with AtmosFX's "Unliving Portraits." They are being played via individual Micca Speck G2s on three 32" TV's turned sideways . I built everything around the size of the TVs and I think it turned out pretty good. It really closes in my porch and is pretty scary. I may change out the mantelpiece for a different one that looks more "Victorian," but other than that, and some spider webs, it's mostly finished. Let me know what y'all think. Any suggestions/criticisms /questions/etc. are much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Great job! Love how you used it at your entryway. Micca specks are the best. I run 5 projectors at our haunt and use a g2 on each one. Always perform flawlessly. Next year pick up a couple accessories from fright props along with a PIR and have the unliving portraits stay normal until someone activates the sensor at which time they turn to the scary portrait. Great jump scare feature!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's how I really want them to work. I wonder if there's a way to get them to go through the normal changes without the scare feature and then immediately do a "startle scare" once the sensor is tripped? I have a guy in LA who makes up the playlist the way I want it. For example, when they get old I had him make buffer files out of the "old" pics because in the normal transformation that only last about 2 seconds. Now that scene alone lasts 20 seconds. I also have each scene come on at different times so that none of the pics are doing the same thing and I can stagger the "startle scares" I do really like the PIR idea though! I'll have to ask him about that. I do love the Micca G2. I have 5 TVs all running G2s and 4 projectors (using their internal media players) and the Micca is definitely the best way to go.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure a PIR would work, but now I kind of like the idea of having a push button. And because I have 3 TVs in close proximity to each other I'd be able to choose which one to activate for maximum scare value. Ain't no kids getting our candy!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just noticed that most of the pictures are from before I stained the mantel. It looks a lot better after I stained it, but I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome job! I really like your choice for the wall covering.
Thanks. I bought two rolls of wallpaper off Amazon hoping I would only need one. Unfortunately, I cut the paper a little funny on the second wall which made me come up about 16 inches short so I ended up having to open the second roll for that tiny area. So mad at myself! lol.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice! Just so you know, the Micca speck can be run off USB. You need a 3.5 mm/1.35 mm USB to power plug like this one on amazon : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F1VT2X8/ref=dp_prsubs_2

That way, you can use the USB ports on your TV if it has one. When you turn on the TV, the media player will turn on and start looping!
WHAT!!??? I really wish I would have known that. I could use a lot less power strip space if I didn’t have so many media players plugged in! Thank you for the info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts