Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I have just seen the 3d form and videos for it. I have read all the post on here but almost all of them were when it was getting ready to be released in 2015. My concern is for an outside prop will it stay stationary in wind since it is a blow-up. I would like to hear comments from those that bought the FORM and those that made their own.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Somehow I have just seen the 3d form and videos for it. I have read all the post on here but almost all of them were when it was getting ready to be released in 2015. My concern is for an outside prop will it stay stationary in wind since it is a blow-up. I would like to hear comments from those that bought the FORM and those that made their own.
I bought last years version on sale this year. I think the only difference is the new one comes with foot pump. I used a hand pump that I use for balloons and it was pretty easy to inflate. I left it up for 2 weeks in my living room since my kids seemed to really enjoy using it as a punching bag and pretending it was a ghost. :D Despite all that it did not seem to lose any air. There is a separate section in the bottom with a large opening so you can fill it with water or sand to weigh it down. Reminds me of those old punching bags for kids back in the 80s that were weighted on the bottom and would pop right back up. Perhaps I'm dating myself here :eek:

I haven't tested it outside so I'm not sure how it would do with a heavy wind but I think if you fill the bottom it should do just fine with light wind. If anything I'd be more concerned about the fabric you drape on it staying on.

When this first came out a few years ago I wasn't sure it would be worth it. I mean would this really be that much better than a projection. The answer is yes! The 3D form definitely ups the creep factor if it's set up right. We set it up in the living room at night and projected clips from the Haunted Manor. It creeped me out a little and I know it's fake. The only downside is it does not seem to have great viewing angles, but perhaps I just need to play around with the set up. I think it's ideal if you can somehow block people from viewing from the side and keep them looking at it straight on.

I have it packed away already but as we get closer to Halloween I can post a video of my set up with it. If you're thinking about it, I do recommend going with the 2016 version unless you think the foot pump is a deal breaker for you. You can buy a hand pump on amazon or at party city for less than $10 if you don't already have an air compressor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts