Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see a thread for this, so please move if I missed it.

I just got an email from AtmosFX saying they're releasing "the first of several Halloween-themed digital decorations" on Aug 11th.

I'm looking forward to this, as my wife and I have decided to add, at least, 1 projector effect and 1 video (picture frame) this year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't see a thread for this, so please move if I missed it.

I just got an email from AtmosFX saying they're releasing "the first of several Halloween-themed digital decorations" on Aug 11th.

I'm looking forward to this, as my wife and I have decided to add, at least, 1 projector effect and 1 video (picture frame) this year.
Love AtmosFX! Their products are the reason I've gotten back into Halloween recently. I'm planning on running 2 projector scenes this year, 1 hollusion effect in the graveyard and 1 window effect in the house. Really looking forward to their new stuff!

Are you doing the picture frame in the house with their portraits?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but only one of the portraits. I'm not sure if we'll run a loop of the different characters, or just the one. I think it will depend on the media player I end up getting. I'm hoping the one AtmosFX releases this year will have some cool features with it (triggers, etc), as I think that will add to the affect.

We're also going to project onto our stair landing wall one of the apparitions. I think it'll be a good place for it, as no one will be walking upstairs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Love AtmosFX! Their products are the reason I've gotten back into Halloween recently. I'm planning on running 2 projector scenes this year, 1 hollusion effect in the graveyard and 1 window effect in the house. Really looking forward to their new stuff!

HI SparrowWalk: Have you selected a screen material for the holousion effect in the graveyard? I'm thinking doing a similar thing but uncertain about what to use for the screen.

Tks!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, but only one of the portraits. I'm not sure if we'll run a loop of the different characters, or just the one. I think it will depend on the media player I end up getting. I'm hoping the one AtmosFX releases this year will have some cool features with it (triggers, etc), as I think that will add to the affect.

We're also going to project onto our stair landing wall one of the apparitions. I think it'll be a good place for it, as no one will be walking upstairs.
https://atmosfx.com/blogs/community/meet-the-new-atmosgear-of-2017-early-preview
Just double-checked their early preview of the 2017 gear and their media player will have a motion sensor trigger. I must say I'm pretty excited about it and considering getting the media player and blood walls decoration to project on the garage. Would LOVE to see your setup when you get everything together!
"The updated media player will feature a motion sensor trigger – something that, until now, has typically been used by professional haunters. With a trigger distance of 10 feet and the ability to automatically prompt any singly chosen digital decoration, you now have a brand new way to delight or give fright to neighbors and guests."

·
Registered
15 Posts
HI SparrowWalk: Have you selected a screen material for the holousion effect in the graveyard? I'm thinking doing a similar thing but uncertain about what to use for the screen.

Tks!!
Hey Buckeyelights!
I did a LOT of stalking around this site and youtube and think I'm going to be going with Joann Fabrics Casa Collection Platinum
http://www.joann.com/casa-collection-chiffon-many-colors/8528770.html

This video did a nice comparison of the casa collection vs the atmosfx hollusion material.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciqA_pk70LI

I'm going to head out this weekend to pick up some of this material and test it in the yard (apparently I'm that guy).

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First, I'm cringing at my spelling mistake.
Cool, on the media player motion trigger, that should be very cool - can't wait.

Now, I just need to build the frame around the TV and the fireplace it'll be above!

https://atmosfx.com/blogs/community/meet-the-new-atmosgear-of-2017-early-preview
Just double-checked their early preview of the 2017 gear and their media player will have a motion sensor trigger. I must say I'm pretty excited about it and considering getting the media player and blood walls decoration to project on the garage. Would LOVE to see your setup when you get everything together!
"The updated media player will feature a motion sensor trigger – something that, until now, has typically been used by professional haunters. With a trigger distance of 10 feet and the ability to automatically prompt any singly chosen digital decoration, you now have a brand new way to delight or give fright to neighbors and guests."

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know a good bang for the $ projector to use with the AtmosFX graphics? I tried the one they offered last year and it was crap. I would rather spend a little extra and shop the free market for something better but I know nothing about them.

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks! What makes this one good? I do not have a stand alone player. I guess I should have noted the need of a projector that plays direct from cards.

·
Registered
89 Posts
you can use a media play. i used one last year and it worked great. with the on the is linked you may have to have the remote. I too am looking for some good projectors that do not cost both arms

·
Registered
12 Posts
you can use a media play. i used one last year and it worked great. with the on the is linked you may have to have the remote. I too am looking for some good projectors that do not cost both arms
Are you saying a media player is built in? Sorry, I am not following you.

I saw that one was missing the remote but there are others on Ebay. I do not mind spending up to what the Atmosfx projector costs, <$300.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmm, that projector does not have USB. Only outdated wire connections. Anyone else have suggestions or at least minimum specs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmm, that projector does not have USB. Only outdated wire connections. Anyone else have suggestions or at least minimum specs?
I picked up this projector on Prime Day for $110. I've run some tests and it gives a good picture at scale. I'm running over this weekend to pick up some fabric so I can post pics after I do a test run with the Platinum Chiffon fabric.

Side note, what is the width of the fabric you picked up?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IKYODBU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked up this projector on Prime Day for $110. I've run some tests and it gives a good picture at scale. I'm running over this weekend to pick up some fabric so I can post pics after I do a test run with the Platinum Chiffon fabric.

Side note, what is the width of the fabric you picked up?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IKYODBU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cool, please post what you determine this weekend! The fabric is supposed to be 45" but I have not measured the width.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey Buckeyelights!
I did a LOT of stalking around this site and youtube and think I'm going to be going with Joann Fabrics Casa Collection Platinum
http://www.joann.com/casa-collection-chiffon-many-colors/8528770.html

This video did a nice comparison of the casa collection vs the atmosfx hollusion material.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciqA_pk70LI

I'm going to head out this weekend to pick up some of this material and test it in the yard (apparently I'm that guy).
I used the same Joann Fabrics choice last year - works really well...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd like to place a screen outdoors in the middle of cemetery, with tombstones in front and behind the screen. The video would show ghosts and skeletons in the cemetery.

Is the Joann Fabric Casa Collection Platinum fabric transparent enough that the tombstones can be seen through the fabric?

Tks!
Joe

1 - 20 of 72 Posts