Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read the email I got from AtmosFearX, sounds like a nice deal, projector, tripod, built in sound, projection material and 8 preloaded effects plus a usb port and a SD slot, what do guys and gals think? I think I'm very interested.

·
black light queen
2,606 Posts
looks interesting, but as i already have enough(?) projectors, i'll wait on any reviews that will hopefully show once people have received it

i wonder what videos they're including? i don't want any from that other holiday and if they're all halloween then :), even if they're their older ones.

i think i already have 3-4 of their dvds that i've purchased over the years

amk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Someone was talking about this on another thread ... yes, I was impressed that the package deal was a heck of a lot less expensive than buying just a projector, and you know what they say about things that seem too good to be true. I'd like to see some reviews also, but at the same time I don't want to wait so close to autumn before ordering as companies tend to have limited stock.

I would think it works at least half-decently, I mean, this company specializes in this sort of thing, so my other concern is exactly what videos are included. If I knew that, I might just pre-order.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Was curious about the shipping so I put it in my cart. Don't know much about lux's or lumen's but in trying to google the difference it said 150 lux is near equivalent to 150 lumens. Shipping to me is close to $29.00 fed-ex and close to $70.00 USPS. Yeah...I think that would be if they sent it express! Thinking I may hold off till someone finds out a little more about projector quality. They're sale conditions on their site say absolutely no returns. It also sounds like they picked some scenes off their original dvd's, not all of the scenes on their whole dvd.

·
Registered
719 Posts
just based on the specs they provide about this projector it seems pretty crappy, 150lux/lumens, good luck seeing that in any kind of ambient light, and at 500:1 contrast ratio, not very brilliant colors, will most likely look pretty dull, 480*320 will be pretty blurry or pixelated at any real distances over 6ft, and I'll go out on a limb and guess the speakers are probably 1-3watts so no real volume.....But I could be completely wrong but even their web site says it's for the uber noob

·
Registered
668 Posts
Was curious about the shipping so I put it in my cart. Don't know much about lux's or lumen's but in trying to google the difference it said 150 lux is near equivalent to 150 lumens. Shipping to me is close to $29.00 fed-ex and close to $70.00 USPS. Yeah...I think that would be if they sent it express! Thinking I may hold off till someone finds out a little more about projector quality. They're sale conditions on their site say absolutely no returns. It also sounds like they picked some scenes off their original dvd's, not all of the scenes on their whole dvd.
The projector specs are pretty much on par with the mini projectors you can find on eBay and Amazon with the same specs, for around $50. I recently bought one from Amazon for $45.

Edit: My projector specs actually have a lower resolution. Workable for simple projection like pumpkins and single windows.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, thanks guys, I almost took the bait I just figured if AtmosFearFX was associated with it then the lumens had to be decent but like previously mentioned, if it sounds too good be true it prolly isn't, man came this close to pulling the trigger since they stated they had limited quantities.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:( I am not sure, but it sounds like the lumens need to be much higher. I think my worst projector has 800, but I'm not an expert. :confused:

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
No that is not the new one. The new projector does not run DVDs, only the images loaded on it. Booswife02 checked and it will be possible to add more images as they come out from FX.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,973 Posts
That's great! No more cords running to the player! I'm in but then I don't do a lot of windows so this is actually perfect for me.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I wrote to Atmosfx when I saw this projector and this is the response that I received- I asked about lumens-Hi,
Thank you for your interest in the WindowFX Digital Decorating kit.
The WindowFX Digital Decorating Kit is listed as 150 Lux. This quantification, while similar to Lumens, is a different type of measurement. The WindowFX Digital Decoration Kit will not be as bright as an 1800 Lumen projector, which is typically our lowest recommended Lumen count. Still, we are pleased with the light output from what is a uniquely compact and inexpensive projector, and we expect you will be, too.
The projector is intended for indoor use only.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lux are not lumens. This projector is NOT 150 lumens. LUX are converted to lumens by determining the area of projection and distance. While not 1800 lumens, it will perform very well as a window projection effect in conjunction with the included projection material. And given you get a projector, remote, projection material, tripod and 8 effects for $129.99 -- that's rather generous. They also clearly indicate the limitations of this projector on their site. It's not meant for hardcore haunters looking for the top of the line performance.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ohmygosh. Now it's like ... studies show that coffee is good for you, other studies show that coffee is bad. I don't know what to do.

They did list the included videos on their site now:

AtmosFX Digital Decorations included:

Dancing Dead, from Bone Chillers
Beckoning Beauty, from Ghostly Apparitions
Frankenstein, from Tricks and Treats
Zombie Swarm, from Zombie Invasion!
Fireworks, from Celebrations Party Time
Special Delivery, from Santa's Visit
Let It Snow, from Winter Wonderland
Picture Perfect, from Winter Wonderland

·
Registered
383 Posts
I wish I could see some video of it in use.
Me, too. Because I just don't understand. I'm new to this projector idea and I've seen YouTube videos in action and they look pretty great, but since this projector is subpar to the 1800 lumen, etc. ones I've seen, I don't understand what limitations it might have. Not able to adjust it to match your window size or it will get fuzzy or something? Can only play it in the pitch dark, won't show up at twilight?

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Me, too. Because I just don't understand. I'm new to this projector idea and I've seen YouTube videos in action and they look pretty great, but since this projector is subpar to the 1800 lumen, etc. ones I've seen, I don't understand what limitations it might have. Not able to adjust it to match your window size or it will get fuzzy or something? Can only play it in the pitch dark, won't show up at twilight?
Well it would be disappointing if it was wonder wall type of image but I just don't think it's that bad, I guess they are trying to convey that you won't get an HD image but it will be good enough

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well it would be disappointing if it was wonder wall type of image but I just don't think it's that bad, I guess they are trying to convey that you won't get an HD image but it will be good enough
Aha. Well, it makes no difference to me when I watch TV if we choose the HD or regular version, so I guess it might be good enough for me then. I do like the Dancing Dead video.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts