Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that do the fearfx video projections, when do you start showing your display? I'm trying to figure out is I should do it later as it gets closer to Halloween maybe a week before, or do you display it from early on, or only on Halloween day?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I started showing the projections last week Friday and running it through the weekend from 6pm-9pm. We've already had numerous vehicles and foot traffic stop by the house. If you don't have the foot traffic and want to build it up, I suggest firing it up during the weekends. This will definitely get the word out quicker. On our street we don't have the foot traffic issue. I figure putting up the projector early gives me more time to put up more decorations and make more animated props.

Last weekend I looped an HD fire scene and a Uber driver almost called 911 :eek:. Thank goodness I didn't test the fog machine! FYI, if you plan on running a fire scene, I suggest you call the local PD or SO non emergency line and let them know about the fire projection display. I advised our PD (who will also advise the FD) that we will be running the projection till Oct 31.

Cheers,

Cali Specter

---

For those that do the fearfx video projections, when do you start showing your display? I'm trying to figure out is I should do it later as it gets closer to Halloween maybe a week before, or do you display it from early on, or only on Halloween day?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started showing my projections the projections last week Friday and running it through the weekend from 6pm-9pm. We've already had numerous vehicles and foot traffic stop by the house. If you don't have the foot traffic and want to build it up, I suggest firing it up during the weekends. This will definitely get the word out quicker. On our street we don't have the foot traffic issue. I figure putting up the projector early gives me more time to put up more decorations and make more animated props.

Last weekend I looped an HD fire scene and a Uber driver almost called 911. Thank goodness I didn't test the fog machine! FYI, if you plan on running a fire scene, I suggest you call the local PD or SO non emergency line and let them know about the fire projection display. I advised our PD (who will also advise the FD) that we will be running the projection till Oct 31.

Cheers,

Cali Specter

---
. Oh that is too funny about the uber driver lol,

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies everyone!

Yes maybe I will start with weekends only during a certain time and then the week leading up to Halloween more often. Using different scenes each time would be a good idea too.

·
Registered
191 Posts
FWIW, here's the link to the HD Fire video. It is only for 22 seconds. I used Windows Movie Maker to fade in the same video for about 10 minutes total. Then I uploaded it via thumbdrive which is played on a loop via a Micca Speck digital player. Haunter beware! ;)

---

I started showing the projections last week Friday and running it through the weekend from 6pm-9pm. We've already had numerous vehicles and foot traffic stop by the house. If you don't have the foot traffic and want to build it up, I suggest firing it up during the weekends. This will definitely get the word out quicker. On our street we don't have the foot traffic issue. I figure putting up the projector early gives me more time to put up more decorations and make more animated props.

Last weekend I looped an HD fire scene and a Uber driver almost called 911 :eek:. Thank goodness I didn't test the fog machine! FYI, if you plan on running a fire scene, I suggest you call the local PD or SO non emergency line and let them know about the fire projection display. I advised our PD (who will also advise the FD) that we will be running the projection till Oct 31.

Cheers,

Cali Specter

---

·
Registered
393 Posts
I use two projections but don't do them until Halloween night. They've become the hit of my haunt so I don't want to give them away too soon. I use different ones each year to keep things interesting. :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I started tonight. But I need as much word of mouth chatter as possible because the week of Halloween I put on a few shows in the evening with dancing. I wave at everyone I see stopping and most roll down the window and want to talk. Great advertising!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0223215691719.349394.628131718&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/larinda/videos/vb.628131718/10153713289161719/?type=2&theater&notif_t=like

https://www.facebook.com/larinda/videos/10153713292656719/?pnref=story

·
Registered
41 Posts
This drives me crazy every year- started with Zombie 2 years ago and now have 4 Atmosfearfx- hate showing them off too early- but always so worried about the weather and if it will rain and not being able to really show them off.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Does everyone play the sound off the projection or do they just have the projection running with no sound outside?
I have been playing mine on the weekends. I have a window projection and it is near the front door. I play the audio with the clips on a party speaker that is located right at the door so you can hear it on the street.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts