Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://atmosfx.com

The Black+Orange+Red+Green Friday Sale is here – ONLY for AtmosFREAKS*. Click through to the AtmosFX.com store and enter the above discount codes at checkout. Have at it – these will be the best savings you will see all year. (And really, who wouldn't want the detached head of a gentleman ghost stuffed in their stocking?!)

The following savings are available only at the AtmosFX.com store. There is no limit to your order, so feel free to get crazy. Well, not too crazy – you'll want to save a few bucks for next season, because there will be several new AtmosFEARfx and AtmosCHEERfx titles in 2015. But more on that later.

Happy Holidays!

-The AtmosFX Team

AtmosfearFX2014.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, MacEricG! We really enjoyed their Unliving Portraits (played on a monitor set into a picture frame), and now will try their new Bone Chillers for our front window.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have never used a projection scare, and i was wondering how much they typically cost$$$.
The software is not badly priced (usually) and available from several sources. We use Spectral Illusion's (Wandering Wraith is good) and Hallowindow (The Eye is great) and AtmosfearFX (I'm hoping Bone Chillers is as awesome as it appears). The projector can be the pricey part, typically $250 to $500+ depending on the resolution, brightness, etc.. Borrow one if you can, or shop around. There are discussions about projectors to use on this forum. SVGA resolution (or better) and 2000 lumens (or more) are commonly recommended, and are often at the lower end of the price range. But others have used lesser projectors for good displays. You can project onto a scrim if wanting to have an image in the middle of your yard or room, or onto a plain frosted shower curtain liner if projecting in a window (viewed from outside) with the projector inside the house, or simply project onto a wall (Creepy Crawlers 2 from AtmosfearFX is a good one for something like that). Projectors are great, especially if you have a nice sized window. Plus they can be used to create a singing pumpkins or singing busts display. Another option is to skip the projector and use a TV or larger PC monitor set into a picture frame and play the video (such as AtmosfearFX's Unliving Portraits - I use this and love the scares it gets). A DVD player or PC plays the displayed video on the monitor. Magic Mirror (or something like that name) might be a good effect for smaller kids if using a monitor with a PC, plus is interactive (but requires someone to essentially be the "Wizard of Oz" running it). They all can produce a great effect. Just do a little research first if going the projector route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts