Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can these be watched like regular dvds? How many hours are they?

I want to watch em lik i would. Movie or tv show.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the downloaded version and I suspect the DVD is the same material. It is a relatively short loop. Go to their website, you can click on the link and see what they will send you before you buy. http://atmosfx.com/collections/atmosfearfx

·
Registered
251 Posts
I ordered two of the DVDs off ebay. Haven't received them yet, but I paid less than $40 each for mine.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered two of the DVDs off ebay. Haven't received them yet, but I paid less than $40 each for mine.
Who was the seller? Pm me. I want the unliving portriats ones.

·
Registered
566 Posts
EvilDog, I have some of the atmosferfx DVD's and some of them are pretty neat. I like the skeleton band and the grumpy sleeping skeleton (I don't remember the actual names of the clips). I don't really go in for the gory, bloody videos. If you want something to enjoy watching yourself I have to recommend the singing pumpkins from thesingingpumpkin.com. They are very reasonably priced, great quality, and they simply crack me up everything I watch them.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EvilDog, I have some of the atmosferfx DVD's and some of them are pretty neat. I like the skeleton band and the grumpy sleeping skeleton (I don't remember the actual names of the clips). I don't really go in for the gory, bloody videos. If you want something to enjoy watching yourself I have to recommend the singing pumpkins from thesingingpumpkin.com. They are very reasonably priced, great quality, and they simply crack me up everything I watch them.
Hey thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
SpookyMuFu,

In reality, if you are doing the "hologram" type set up, it can cost a LOT more than $40 depending on what you have at hand. You need a quality projector, screen, DVD player, a screen (see through mesh), and something to hold the screen in place (can be simple or fancy depending on your embellishments).

But is having a free float apparition in your yard or house worth it? You have to decide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MMqlzXo1k8

·
Registered
50 Posts
The best use for them is with a projector. If you have a projector and DVD or computer, you can do a lot of really cool things with them. I have a haunted garage each year. This year I will have 4 of their titles in my garage, and 1 in the house. BUT I have 6 projectors and either dvd players or small laptops to control each one. They get lots of positive feedback. You can pick up "cheap" old projectors off ebay and craigslist. While the effects are easy to set up (project them onto a wall or from behind on a cheap dollar store shower curtain, the hardware is indeed an investment.

With the living portraits, a very cool effect, you can use LCD Panel screens made up to look like picture frames.

Spirit carries the titles and you can get the DVDs with a bonus DVD from them. Plus, look for Spirit's coupons. Finally, after Halloween you can get them for about 1/2 off.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
719 Posts
SpookyMuFu,

In reality, if you are doing the "hologram" type set up, it can cost a LOT more than $40 depending on what you have at hand. You need a quality projector, screen, DVD player, a screen (see through mesh), and something to hold the screen in place (can be simple or fancy depending on your embellishments).

But is having a free float apparition in your yard or house worth it? You have to decide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MMqlzXo1k8
I have the set up, it's great, but not all of their DVDs are worth $40, some are, some really arent worth more then $20.......of course thats just my opinion based on owning about 6 of them.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
We started using the Ghostly Apparitions DVD two years ago. Get ready for a traffic jam in front of your house the first couple nights you turn it on. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
We're getting thousands of kids and their parents on Halloween night this year. Our house is located right on one of the main streets. Last year just the decorations alone got some brake screeches. I can only imagine when I get the projector up and running! :eek:

---

We started using the Ghostly Apparitions DVD two years ago. Get ready for a traffic jam in front of your house the first couple nights you turn it on. :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just curious as to how you did your projection. Did you use the hologram effect or was it in a window? This will be my first attempt at running a projection and I'll do a combination of Ghostly Apparitions and Bone Chillers displayed in a large front window. I haven't decided on how I'll do it yet.

Our neighborhood doesn't decorate much ~ just the usual Halloween decor and very few animated props. It will be "out of the norm" in our area.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I ordered their 3dfx form and also the special projection cloth, and they said available mid-September, which has passed.
Has anyone else preordered these?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Looking to buy the download version and play on my tv which I will set up in a window. Has anyone done it this way and does it look as good as the projection way?

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,778 Posts
If you search the internet effectively a number of the DVDs can be downloaded as an MP4 file for free. Once in MP4 format you can use some other software to combine the videos from the same or different DVDs to make longer running videos to loop.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts