Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Newbie here so please be gentle
Purchased some Atmosfearfx today and setup in my shop window. I have a 5000 lumens optoma projector and I just threw up some almost see through plastic over window with velcro to see how it works. Just went to check and the light from the projector is washing out the image - current projector location is slightly above the plastic but around 10 ft back. If you look from one side the image looks great - but if ou look from the center or other side image is just washed out..I reckon it must be projector placement - I am limited with where I can put it.
I cant put projector any higher - false ceiling
I could put it lower
I can't move the projector to the left side but I could move it maybe 5ft to the right
I tried lowering brightness on projector - no joy
I have a lower lumen projector I can try, is that worth a shot?
If could more opaque white sheet, is that a good idea?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Go to Walmart and get a $2 WHITE shower curtain liner. Don't get the frosted, get white. 5000 lumens is pretty bright but with the projector on low setting and the white shower curtain your problem should be gone.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm a little confused when you say "opaque/almost see through." It can't be both. But anyway I agree with J-Man. Look for thin, solid white vinyl material. Something like a shower curtain liner or a vinyl tablecloth, etc. You don't want frosted or transluscent or "almost see through." You want opaque. It doesn't have to be thick, just solid-colored white and opaque, more than a bed sheet would be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I see that is confusing i will change that - it is almost see through - not opaque
Thanks for your help guys I will try that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts