Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I got last years version. It was so,so. Wish I would of waited for his years. I did get an email giving me 30% off because I got the first version.
This new version includes the shroud which you drape over the form, I think that will help the illusion. There was spill over with the projection and it would show on the wall behind it. So hopefully that shroud will help. As with any projection, the higher resolution will make it look more believable. I tried a 720p one and it was not great. 1080p was much better

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Seen this too, not a bad deal for $60 and you get a $9 credit for getting a single digital download. I guess someone would have to do a side by side comparison using just a sheet draped over a makeshift form to see if it's worth the $$. As for the projector spill over, you're gonna get that with either one if the form is set up too close to a wall. The further it's away from any background the better.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I tried using the phantasms download onto a cardboard cutout that I was going to backlight with red string lights but i could never quite get all of the image within the cutout. If atmosfearfx would provide some sort of silhoutte image in jpg form that we could project then trace out so the majority of the image would be in that area, that might help. Simply pausing the image at any point and then making your cutout from that never quite gets the rest as the image does move enough ut for now that's probably our best workaround

·
Registered
476 Posts
Been looking at this one and i gotta say I'm a we bit disappointed in there new design. I was hopping they would come up with something a lot better. its not bad but it could be much better. with the shroud all loose like that it just causes folds that make it look bad. i think we would get a much better outcome just building a form from wood or even pvc. Or a blank mannequin that's in that general shape. i do like how its inflatable for storage but at the same time i don't think it would stand still in my yard at all. i get really high winds all the time where i live. for $60 though it might be worth getting and fooling around with it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Seen this too, not a bad deal for $60 and you get a $9 credit for getting a single digital download. I guess someone would have to do a side by side comparison using just a sheet draped over a makeshift form to see if it's worth the $$. As for the projector spill over, you're gonna get that with either one if the form is set up too close to a wall. The further it's away from any background the better.
Yeah you're right, I was just thinking maybe the spill over would be less with this one. Oh well, maybe I'll get the new one with the discount and post some video.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the problem I had last year was that between to lopping of the video the screen would go blank and leave an plain body form w//o an image. it ruined the effect.
I remember submitting to them that they include a . sorta home screen , of the character. so between loops you still see the character and not a blank sheet.

I though the result was so poor that I never used the form projection.
i was really hoping to hear they addressed this problem with the new theme.

has anyone developed a work around for this problem

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
the problem I had last year was that between to lopping of the video the screen would go blank and leave an plain body form w//o an image. it ruined the effect.
I remember submitting to them that they include a . sorta home screen , of the character. so between loops you still see the character and not a blank sheet.

I though the result was so poor that I never used the form projection.
i was really hoping to hear they addressed this problem with the new theme.

has anyone developed a work around for this problem
That problem is due to the player you are using, it doesn't do seamless looping. This has nothing to do with AtmosFX's video. What type of player are you using? I have Solid State HD HDMI Media Players with firmware specifically designed for this, it holds the last frame for a fraction of a second when looping or switching videos. No black screen and no on screen icons. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're gonna get the black screen with your DVD player when looping any video, it's not capable of seamless looping. Trust me, it's the player.
Tell me more about the player...cant find the pm button on the mobile version of hf

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Plays files from an SD card or flash drive. 3x5x3/4", fits in the palm of your hand. Has 4 choices for output, A/V, HDMI, component, VGA. Comes with A/V and Component cables, remote, and power supply. You can email me:
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess I dont understand how holding an image for a couple seconds is going to help when the video slowly fades out.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really think the problem is the long fade in and out
I was able to edit out the fades. cuts about 15 seconds.

quality isnt good. need to figure out what I am doing wrong.
at the end it hesitates on the image, for a couple seconds and loops to the beginning.

I think atmosfearfx had the right intention with the fades. materializing in a window it would be appropriate.but not on a 3d form that is still there before and after the fades.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
phantasms and witching hour for 3d form.
bought them last year but couldnt use them cause I wasnt happy with the fact that the form sat there too long without an image on them. mainly due to the long fades in and out.
I have been fooling around trying to edit the fades out. but it is becoming an aggravation.... trying to get things to come together.

I am hoping the new videos dont have these fades.
I had e mailed them last year about this. and followed up this year.
they did respond :
We agree it did break the illusion. We have created buffer files that meld the scenes seamlessly.

Thank you for all you comments, they help make our products the best!

But it wasnt clear if the buffer files were for the old stuff. I liked the phantasm and witching hour. and wanted to try one last time to use them.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I have Witching Hour but have not used the 3D form files. I'll have to take a look at them but there should be a work around for this problem. It involves taking a very small section of video when the witch is static before she moves. Copy and paste that section several times until you have a few seconds of "static" video. Edit out the fade sections and put that short static file in between the other files. Of course this will only work if you have a seamless player.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts