Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had downloaded one of the apparition clips yesterday and started with transferring the horizontal format onto my usb. We have a 4x 6 window so I figured that was what I needed but the picture just was too small and didn't look right and didn't really fill up the whole window. I then played around and put the vertical format on my usb and had a much clearer and bigger picture on the window. Did anyone else find that the vertical format is much better.

·
Registered
683 Posts
if the image is originally horizontal, wouldn't making it vertical mean turning the image sideways? Or are you simply referring to aspect ratio- that ot was originally in 16:0 and then you made into 4:3 so that it woulds fill up the height instead of the width.

Victor

·
Registered
98 Posts
if the image is originally horizontal, wouldn't making it vertical mean turning the image sideways? Or are you simply referring to aspect ratio- that ot was originally in 16:0 and then you made into 4:3 so that it woulds fill up the height instead of the width.

Victor

I believe the AtmosfearFX clips come with a wider version (the horizontal) which is almost like a whole scene, and then there is also a taller (vertical) version of just the main figure for use in windows doorways.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure when I downloaded the clip and opened it up on the computer there was a folder for vertical and horizontal. I clicked on the vertical and put on my flash drive. Yes I also had to put the projector on its side,

I was just asking if anyone had noticed a big difference between the two. I just figured since my window was 4'x 6 that I would need horizontal when actually looked so much better in vertical.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Victor
Sorry I'm not great with math. Lol. The clips came in a folder with horizontal and vertical formats. Yes I also had to turn projector on the side

·
Registered
368 Posts
i also found the vertical clips to be MUCH better. But I made a dvd with a bunch of clips from different origins and couldn't have half of them show up sideways. So I stuck with the horizontal.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i also found the vertical clips to be MUCH better. But I made a dvd with a bunch of clips from different origins and couldn't have half of them show up sideways. So I stuck with the horizontal.
Oh good, I wasn't sure if I was seeing correctly or not lol. I checked a second time on my computer this morning and there is a big noticeable difference with the size so I'm sticking with vertical format. I'm so glad I took the time to check both of them out or I would not have been too happy with my results.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My DVDs (Ghostly Apparitions and Bone Chillers) had separate "hollusion" and "window" files. When I made my WMV loop file, I actually pulled some of the "hollusion" files instead of the "window" (my window is horizontal and just a bit larger than yours). Those hollusion images are smaller, but include more of the figure. When I added just the individual files to the Micca Speck, I made sure I pulled the "window" files, which shows a larger image.

Maybe something to check on. My Phantasms "Sinister Spinster" download came with separate hollusion and window files. These are designated with a "Holl" or "Win" in the filename. For my DVD files, I have to preview them before copying over to the Micca Speck.

I do notice there is a larger, but limited image with the vertical files so all can fit within the parameters of a narrow window or doorway. Since my window is large (and horizontal), and I'm using all of it, I'm going to stick with the "window" files.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just checked and I downloaded the wrong one, I got the hollow ion/wall instead of window. I wonder if I contact customer service to get the correct one, I will give it a try and see what happens. Thanks for the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts