Halloween Forum banner

Atmosfearfx Ghostly Apparitions Hologram

8K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  Dogbite 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am new here, but have been watching the boards for a while. I am very glad to have found a good reliable place to come for information.

I have seen a couple of posts about my topic, but haven't seen anything that really nails down a product.

I would like to have hologram ghosts on my balcony. I have experimented my 2000 Lumen Sharp XR 10S (I have two of these) on a window screen so far. It was okay, but I don't love it. I want to make sure I get the best result I can. I bought some tulle at Joanne today, but I was unable to find anything that looked as good as what is shown in the Atmosfearfx blog.

Have any of you fellow haunters had any luck finding something that works well for you?

Thanks,

Steph

#8 ·
Steph, you should try using chiffon. You can find it with the bridal fabrics, but you can often find chiffon on rolls (for making sheer curtains) in the upholstery fabric section as well.

#9 ·
Someone recommended Bridal veil material , in grey color , so i have just bought some 2 metres worth and hope to do a dry run in the next week or so to see how it looks from outside in our front room window . i believe its the nearest thing to the material used in the youtube video as it is virtually transparent in the dark , i will let you know how it looked .

#10 ·
I got a shipment of mesh from Bangkokthaisilk today!

Hi guys, I have seen some helpful links for a bridal mesh posted by some of you to this board. I got it off of eBay. I did a quick test, making my boys hold the fabric up so I can share my results. I don't know how to post it though. Let me mess around a bit. I am operating from my phone.

#14 ·
Hi Stepane , i look forward to seeing your results , i think that there are different sizes or gauges of mesh as the one i have got didn't look as good as i hoped , i think mine is too fine . I tried a transparent but slightly misted shower curtain like annamarykahn said and got a much better result , but that is just my results i still look forward to see how yours came out .

#16 ·
For a more hologram effect, I used JoAnn Fabric's Casa Collection Chiffon in Platinum color (recommended by forum member - JCO). Very happy with results. Used a dollar store white shower liner last year with Atomsfear FX Shades of Evil and the liner worked well with that DVD.

Happy Haunting!!

#19 ·
I simply use landscape fabric, although it is black, it pretty much disappears at night time. I thumbtack it into my window frame and project on it from the rear. The stuff is pretty thin and can tear easily but it comes in a nice big roll so you can peel off another piece when needed. Been using the same roll for quite a few years now. Unlike shower curtains etc it is a little more expensive but, as i've said, it lasts forever......cheers...'Scruff

#20 ·
I've been using a cheap (in other words, thin) flat white bedsheet for the wandering ghosts. It looks gray during nighttime but the projected ghosts light it up nicely. Am projecting from the rear. In addition to the AtmosfearFX DVD, I have a 99 Cents DVD called "Ghoul Log," which is a video of jack o lanterns. Projected into a window space, the JOLs are huge! Very festive.

#25 ·
Thanks to everyone , i think its one of those things that you have to experiment yourself and see which individual method suits your haunt window or wall for your own needs , i found out i think why the wedding veil method does not work for me , i have a dirty great street light which is bouncing light back off the front of the mesh from outside ruining the hologram effect and showing the mesh up which i have no control over , that is why i think the shower curtain works better as its not reflecting the street lamp like the mesh , and of course the great thing is the fact you all have provided some many alternative methods to try hopefully time permitting i may still experiment .... time permitting , thanks all .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.