Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a thought of playing this DVD outside in my front yard out by my cemetery, to make it look like souls wandering the graveyard. This is where I need your expertise. What would be the best way to project this? I was thinking of framing up a white shower curtain and using that as a screen in the yard. But looking for other ideas, as I am not sure the shower curtain would disappear when the DVD is playing. Any other suggestions on how to make this work

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
i've never used scrim fabric, but it might be what you're looking for

the black is probably what you want ... and it is apparently invisible in the dark so it looks like a ghost is walking ...

hopefully someone else who's used black scrim can chime in with their experience

amk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cut a piece of Styrofoam the exact outline your projected ghost, the result is amazing. I used this method lastvyear using Spectral Illusions Daisy Ghost. She looked amazing outside. My ghostly apparitions dvd should be here any day, so I can give it a shot and post my results.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I used a black scrim outside and it worked great. You will need to set it back 25 feet and it will need to be dark to make it disappear. You can get thin black photographers backdrop cloth on Amazon for a decent price. You want thin Cotten or muslin so you can project on the front or rear project.

Best of luck

·
Registered
161 Posts
If your yard is dark enough, you can make the Styrofoam over sized, and you wouldnt see the parts which weren't being projected on (if that makes sense). Otherwise throw some scrim up in between tress and see how that works.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks all... cemeb4dk, I'm going to look into projection ideas... I've never used images before. Do you already have your projector?

Foolishmortal42... I checked your haunt photos out... love it!!! Incredible! What material is the mausoleum made of? I've been looking at getting "Victoria", the Victorian white ghost from Grandinrod... are you pleased with that prop?

Thanks,
HarleyQuinn07

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a few Epson Epson Projectors. I always keep an eye out for them cheap on ebay. craigslist. Plus it seems as I am new to this every year I want to add more projections.

As far as the cemetery screen projection for this. I am not sure what I am going to do. I really want to keep costs down. So I may just pick up a frosted shower curtain and see how much of it is visible at night time from the sidewalk, street and see how it goes from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts