Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see iif they added any new clips to the. Upcoming witches dvd.
Not much they are showing right now.

I see they have listed a 3dfx prop mode. Wondering if. anyone has details about this?

Sounds like you would project onto a figure???

·
Registered
683 Posts
Perhaps 3dfx mode is simply a still image of the witch but her face (and maybe some of her clothing) moves.Think the Madame Leota prop but a full figure of her. Instructions might be to cut out a silhouette initially and then playback a running loop of her saying all of incantations and stuff. Add other stuff like fog and what not and it becomes a pretty cool addition to the haunt.

Victor

·
Registered
324 Posts
well they have added the trailer for the witches dvd. it shows the 3d mode projecting onto a shroud.
i like the look.
wondering what the cost of their "atmosgear"prop will be.

http://atmosfx.com/products/detail/witching-hour
Looks like Phantasms will also have the capability to work with a shroud figure..the effect looks really cool!
My only concern that I am wrestling with is that phantasms are supposed to be see through by nature, right? , so I may just use the hollusion effect.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like Phantasms will also have the capability to work with a shroud figure..the effect looks really cool!
My only concern that I am wrestling with is that phantasms are supposed to be see through by nature, right? , so I may just use the hollusion effect.
I agree.There are some applications that just make more sense.
just like witches arent transparent. I guess they are just showing what can be done. for me , it wouldnt make sense to use mesh on the witch.
but the shrouded characters on the phantasm dvd look pretty good. I think they said they take turns so that could be pretty cool.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi, Iceman
I inquired to atmosfx regarding the 3dfx shroud prop, but so far have no reply yet. I asked if it is something they will be selling or something we can make ourselves from their instruction. I preordered Phantasms and Witching Hour...I'm already going to have a windows with a couple of witches, so using the 3dfx method for the third witch might be cool. Or possibly have her standing in my graveyard. To me using 3dfx for Phntasms does not make as much sense.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
check the link to the new trailer i posted above. at about 1:20 into the video they say " display on a 3d atmosgear effect form".
only question is cost. judgeing by the cost of their mesh, making one will probally be the way to go.

·
Registered
480 Posts
check the link to the new trailer i posted above. at about 1:20 into the video they say " display on a 3d atmosgear effect form".
only question is cost. judgeing by the cost of their mesh, making one will probally be the way to go.
Yes,agreed, that's one expensive piece of material...
Btw, they respond only with "watch the newsletter...", so apparently coming soon...maybe we will get lucky and it will be priced reasonably...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm interested to see what FFX says also... I'm subscribed to their newsletter and interested to see if you need to purchase their preferred item or if there's a way to make it yourself. Thanks for this forum!! I'll check here from time to time to see if you all have found anything out...Likewise, I'll post if I find out anything. Later.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got my shipping confirmation from Atmosfearfx for Phantasm and Witching Hour! I hope they roll out their 3DFX prop soon, I am guessing it will be impressive so they are pushing their mesh product first so they can sell us both.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Great news! I was wondering if those that preordered would get them before the spirit halloween etc store openings! I will now be checking my inbox every hour for my confirmation. .
Here's hoping the digital downloads and 3d form are soon to follow!

·
Registered
683 Posts
These images look great. It was only a matter of time before the concept of the singing busts from HM morphed into full size a full size total body projection simply using a white bedsheet over a simple form made from a ball and some wood.

Victor

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
These images look great. It was only a matter of time before the concept of the singing busts from HM morphed into full size a full size total body projection simply using a white bedsheet over a simple form made from a ball and some wood.

Victor
I think folds in a draped sheet would distort the image. I would think a basic convex form that a sheet could be glued down on would work. Very inerested to see what they have in mind.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts