Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
i am looking at the 3dfx form , but the near 90$ for a inflatable is painful. still figuring out what route im gonna take

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yep Fred, looks fantastic, please tell me how you did it before I buy the form

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep Fred, looks fantastic, please tell me how you did it before I buy the form
Its a 2x3 frame
with 1/2" styrofoam glued to it. the styrofoam was cut out to form a human siloutte.
stole the idea from another board member and used a $1 plastic pumpkin pail for the head.
then wrapped the body with chicken wire to bulk the 2d siloutte out, then bubble wrap and a extra large shower curtain over the head and body.

the video test I posted was to check to see if I had made the form large enough to catch all the light from the projector

·
Registered
161 Posts
Its a 2x3 frame
with 1/2" styrofoam glued to it. the styrofoam was cut out to form a human siloutte.
stole the idea from another board member and used a $1 plastic pumpkin pail for the head.
then wrapped the body with chicken wire to bulk the 2d siloutte out, then bubble wrap and a extra large shower curtain over the head and body.

the video test I posted was to check to see if I had made the form large enough to catch all the light from the projector
Fred, this looks awesome, love what the folks at Atmos are doing. In your opinion how does your form compare to Their 3dfx form?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Is it possible to see a pic in the light so I can get a better view of the form. Not sure where you put the chicken wire, is it to form the shroud?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
body form 1.jpg
body form.jpg

I dont have the atmosfear 3d form so I can compare. I was hoping someone else could add pics of that to make a comparison.
I will say that my form stand 6ft tall. so i believe its taller than atmosfear. but I want to know how well the projection shows on it.

I put the bubble wrap around the chic wire because I noticed on atmosfear's first 3d form that used a metal wire frame. I could see a metal arm shadow in the face area.

the 1/2" Styrofoam cut into a silhouette....that was originally used for the daisy the ghost bride. so it was cut to her measurements.
the chicken wire is just to bulk the flat form into a 3d form

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am going to try this using a 5' posable skellie. After seeing your post yesterday, I bought the Wraith 3DFX projection and rigged up a $29 HD skellie on a stand. I'll pick up some fabric today and do a test. The atmosfx web site suggests white or gray fabric so I'll try it with both to see how each works. I may need to bulk up my skellie like you did with this prop but it may just work without having to do that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have been watching videos and the "produced" product demos from AtmosFX look awesome but all the actual footage (aside from yours) looks horrible. You're using a white cloth, correct? What material is it? The material included with the AtmosFX 3D Form looks like chiffon or some other semi transparent gray fabric. I know from experience with other projections I've done that the chiffon works really well in some cases.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you downloaded the wraith....can you tell me if it fades to black at the end???
Dont know if they fixed that.

My material is an extra large shower curtain made of vinyl.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you downloaded the wraith....can you tell me if it fades to black at the end???
Dont know if they fixed that.

My material is an extra large shower curtain made of vinyl.
It comes with 2 files. One is a video of the wraith just moaning and moving around and the other is a "scare" roar. Both start and end with a black fade. That is easily edited out though if you don't want it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts