Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings friends-
I have upgraded my projectors this year, but I would still like to use the AtmosfearFX projector for the 'singing pumpkins' display. The issue is the sound. I have the volume at full level (100) on the projector, but it is hard to hear outdoors. Is there any way to increase the sound on this projector? Aftermarket speakers? etc. ?

Thanks for your help!

cheers

·
Registered
671 Posts
At the very least plug computer speakers into the audio out jack, a step up would be a jambox with line input and get a cord that goes from the projector to the jambox, the ideal solution would be to invest in something like a block rocker (available at Costco, or lots of other places that sell consumer electronics) I use a block rocker for my pumpkins and it works great! something like this - https://www.amazon.com/ION-Audio-Block-Rocker-Bluetooth/dp/B00SNBCBBY/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

·
Registered
215 Posts
At the very least plug computer speakers into the audio out jack, a step up would be a jambox with line input and get a cord that goes from the projector to the jambox, the ideal solution would be to invest in something like a block rocker (available at Costco, or lots of other places that sell consumer electronics) I use a block rocker for my pumpkins and it works great! something like this - https://www.amazon.com/ION-Audio-Block-Rocker-Bluetooth/dp/B00SNBCBBY/ref=dp_ob_title_ce
Excellent thought on the jambox. You reminded me that my daughter has an old amp/speaker she used to use with her electric guitar. This has two audio input jacks which can be used with a cable having these on one end and a 3.5mm audio plug on the other. Just tried it...seems to work well. Computer speakers are a bit more compact of course, but this is very portable too, and could be easily hidden in a bush, behind bales of hay or tombstones, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
P.S. My original plan was to use an available AV receiver to power a couple of used outdoor speakers I just picked up and haven't installed on the patio yet. So, I go from the sound jack on the laptop or whatever media player I want to use to the audio input on the receiver, and then from the AV receiver to the outdoor speakers. I plan to have an Atmosfear Singing Jackolanterns/Witching Hour loop going in one of our windows with this sound setup. Given the music, etc. I was hoping to have decent sound/clarity from this 'upgraded' speaker setup, but certainly

I would think computer speakers could work just as well...it just won't be as loud. Also, if you have a soundbar from a home theater setup you can borrow for the night that would work very well - just put it in one of your windows (on the inside), crack open the window and run a cable out to your media player or projector audio output.

Lots of options depending what speakers you have access to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts