Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, if you need one of the 3 DVDs for projection (creepy crawlies, pumpkin jamboree, or trick and treats) they are 40% off of the already reduced to $19 price at Grandin Road. That's 11.40 to you and me. :) Your shipping costs may vary of course. Way better than the $40 they list for. They say for today only. Get cracking.

·
Registered
683 Posts
How were you able to reduce the price to $11.40. On my screen it still shows $19 per without any discount. Will the discount be applied after I've entered billing info? Thanks

Victor

·
Registered
128 Posts
Victor,

use promo code Trick40 when checking out. it will take the 40% off.
ive been wanting to do a projection on pumpkins, but because the DVD was 40 bucks, now i can do it sooner since its so cheap!

·
Registered
87 Posts
How were you able to reduce the price to $11.40. On my screen it still shows $19 per without any discount. Will the discount be applied after I've entered billing info? Thanks

Victor
I was tempted a week ago at $19 each but this one I couldn't ignore at $11.40 per scene. Just finished my order just look carefully at checkout to apply the code "TRICK40" at checkout to receive the discount. I have all three ordered nice to be able to switch out with my older videos.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Thanks for the leg up vonroll. I got the Jamboree last week and picked up the other two just now. I don't think they're worth $40 a piece, but certainly worth at these prices.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Trick40 is the website published code. There's another code sent out in their emails as well so this sale will get lots of eyes on it. If anyone is still thinking of picking up the Creepy Crawlies 2 or Pumpkins one, I'd recommend doing it asap before they are gone like the Trick Or Treat one.

I picked up the Creepy Crawlies last week and should be receiving it any day. I'm pretty excited to have gotten it this year on sale. If you are not scared by bugs, this would be a good one to add to your scare or background repetoire. Nothing like making them pass thru a cobweb area and see spiders on the wall or floor to get them creeped out first and then hit them with a startle from a jumping spider. Or making them walk around a downward snake projection only to have a drop down spider or striking snake prop block their path right afterwards. LOL.

Also consider whether you want to pick up an additional one of the DVDs you are buying. If you are running your projections by DVD players, at this price it's pretty easy to add a second projection without much effort and expense. I bought two of the Creepy Crawlies DVDs for use of different projections (like spiders and rats) at the same time in my haunt.

·
Registered
302 Posts
so I compared this to the last deal 20% off and free shipping. This one while still an awesome deal is close to the same but more. In my case this was $1 more after shipping.

Nice find

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just got my creepy crawlies disc in, and I have to say it's kind of kewl. I ordered earlier in the week with the 20% off and free shipping.

I know in another thread the AtmosfearFX guys were getting pummeled with the digital download non-sense. I'm not sure I'd want to pay full price at $40, but I do see the value as the production looks good. The menus are well laid out and the effect looks good on TV. Frustratingly, all I want off this disc is one scene, and it would've been so much nicer/easier to download that 1 mpg to play on an LED projector via USB.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
so I compared this to the last deal 20% off and free shipping. This one while still an awesome deal is close to the same but more. In my case this was $1 more after shipping.

Nice find
Yes, GR calculates a flat shipping charge based on the current cost of the item (not discount price), so sometimes a lower discount off % but with free shipping can cost you less than a higher percentage off but with shipping. You never know what the next offer is going to be or what stock in the item will be especially as you get closer to halloween so you always take your chances waiting. Sometimes people get soooo hyped up waiting for a larger discount.

I ordered two of the DVDs last week on the 20% plus free ship and my total was $30.40 (15.20 per DVD). If I would have ordered two today it would come to $30.80. Both were calculated at $19 a DVD, since they had dropped the price before then from the $39.

Now if I had ordered all 3 DVDs, the total would have been 45.60 with free ship compared to 46.20 (40% plus 12.00 shipping). Not much difference between either scenario. When I've ordered larger props in past years the pricing can vary a bit more, one year I noticed a $10-15 difference but don't recall the exact circumstances.

The main thing is that if you were looking for any of these DVD versions, GR probably has had the best sale price on them.

·
Registered
683 Posts
i got the jack o lantern and the creepy crawlies, but not the trick or treats (sold out). Great deal and very easy to convert to media mkv/avi/mp4 using handbrake or makemkv. Thanks for the tip

BTW- whats on the trick or treat DVD?

Victor

·
Registered
401 Posts
The main thing is that if you were looking for any of these DVD versions, GR probably has had the best sale price on them.
Agree, this was a great buy and unlike what you and I went through last year on a few things waiting to get that shipping notification, I didn't want to take a chance and jumped at the disc. Even then, with all of the buzzing about the drop in price, I was holding my breath waiting to get that out of stock message instead of a shipping confirmation.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
.....BTW- whats on the trick or treat DVD?

Victor

They have a sample on their site: http://atmosfearfx.com/decorations/tricks-and-treats

I had wanted to see more of the Frankenstein scene and the werewolf and bat one and so didn't order it last week when I placed my order. Wouldn't have minded if they ran the clip with some watermarking on it, just wanted to see how the segment ran in its entirety.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i don't know how many people this will help out, but fred meyer is running a huge sale on atmosfear FX stuff. they have it there for $20 on sale. again, i don't know who this will help out since i think fred meyer is only in washington and oregon. it's akiller deal and i now just have to figure out how to put the ghosts and zombies in my window.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Yhea. I noticed it was a couple $'s more without the free shipping. I'm too old to care about a few cents here or there, haha. They're not worth $40 a pop so this was a great deal regardless. Thanks Spooky for the 20% off post earlier and vonroll for this 40% leg up. My next adventure is creating a dvd with selected clips to play on the projector with some homemade and these selected ones combined. I downloaded and installed Handbrake and did a test on a clip. The .mp4 vid was broken up and not useable on playback. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but any points to a tut would be appreciated. Boo. And I'm a legal beagle, nothing illegal, haha. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts