Halloween Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I do what Victor-eyd does. I downloaded Windows Movie Maker (WMM) & love it. Lets you also add your own music to clips that have no sound. I played around & it was easy. I collected several downloads using AtmosFX, TotalHomeFX, Spectral Illusions & for other holidays where there isn't enough downloads to make a good long movie, I have actually taken video with my Canon camera of videos on YouTube & works well. I don't do this for Halloween since I have more than enough material to play with. I did have 1 issue where I couldn't save the video if it was over 4gb so I just made a 2nd & saved on the same drive. WMM also lets you copy the audio of your finished video & I saved it to an I-Tunes file so I can then operate my IPod inside that is connected to 2 Altec Lansing Lifejacket Bluetooth speakers that can be linked together so I can have sound on both sides of my house (I live on an acre). Syncing the music after the first loop is the hardest part but you have to play with it a bit.

I have an Epson VS330 projector for my indoor picture window & use the frosted shower curtain without any problems. From outside, it looks just like an HD movie. This projector is discontinued & it wasn't able to read .avi files so I bought a Micca Speck off ebay from their store & works like a charm & loops perfectly. I do use Sandisk Extreme cards & USBs as someone noted. Outside for singing pumpkins, I use a cheapo $40-50 projector I got on Amazon & takes the USB fine without a media player.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm just here for everyone else's ideas. I bought one of these on a discount at home depot last year right before Christmas, but it came with some Halloween scenes as well. So it will be the first year it gets used for Halloween

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is it possible to edit AtmosFX horizontal videos to be vertical ones?
Yes, but I thought all AtmosFx downloads came with both horizontal and vertical versions?
Anyway, you can use any good video editor, or there's a few online ones (most free versions only do videos up to 500Mb in size) - Google "rotate video"

·
Registered
208 Posts
I went out and setup the Atmos witch outside with the hollusion material just to see what looks like
Where is your projector? If you imagine a baseball diamond where the screen is at the pitchers mound, and you were standing at 2nd base when you filmed that, was the projector on the other side of the screen (where the batter is) or was it behind you (in the infield)?

I always struggle with where to put the projector that won't blind people or create a bright spot, you know? Your set up avoided that, I'm interested in how.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I looking to add another AtmosFEAR to my decorations this year. The new ones are all digital download so I am asking what is the best "player" to use. I would most likely download the files onto a SD card or possibly USB stick. I would like to know what equipment members here are using and do they automatically "play in a loop" to keep the hauntings going? I will be ordering the "Terrors From Beyond" and will be using a projector to beam onto a 3 panel window.

I am looking at this player:
HDMI Media Player, AGPtek Black Mini 1080p Full-HD Ultra HDMI Digital Media Player for -MKV/RM- HDD USB Drives and SD Cards

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00TOAAHG4/?coliid=I4II82OPBSCI8&colid=1WFEQ3CZNTJQ4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
I have two Micca Spec players that work perfectly for this.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have both window and hollusion material from Atmos also a front and rear projector screen ..the projector screen will be used in the window this year as it is bigger and will fill the space better and quite easily I will be projecting a nuclear scene from T3 with the terrors from beyond in the bedroom its a sort of fallout theme.. the Atmos FX material (they now do a larger version) I have made a frame that is the exact size of my front door that sticks in with velcro once opened and I have cut the atmosfx material to size so I can project the new clowns etc on in vertical mode I did a quick test run and it looks great can't wait .. I simply will save the frame for the future

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
How does the rear projection screen look? I have one too and was just thinking today about trying some Atmosfear on it...

·
Registered
68 Posts
The clown chick is on the new rear projection screen I built not Atmos FX material the other clown one is on atmosfx material...she is part of atmosfx collection Creepy Clowns .. I use sumvision cyclone media players

·
Registered
203 Posts
On all of mine, I normally have 3-5 projectors going depending on the year, I just install Raspbian on Raspberry Pi's and use OMXplayer to loop the videos. I basically drop all of the videos in a directory and write a script to put in pauses and loop through all the videos. Depending on where the project is it could be 10-30 videos each.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just a heads up, if you're looking for a good cheap projector, this is not it! I got it for a doorway projection for our party this past weekend. Worked perfectly for probably 3 hrs then nothing. It shut off and won't come back on. Spend the couple extra bucks and get a decent projector that will last longer than a few hours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
You can find good used projectors on craigslist and ebay. Just do some research and make sure the bulb still has some life left in it. I've gotten 2 projectors, used, 1 from craigs, 1 from ebay.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have 3 projectors one is a elcheapo from China was about £40 I learnt from it although it still works I only use it on small stuff like pumpkins .... If needed . You get what you pay for I'm afraid

I also bought one from eBay was meant to be refurbished but did not work on arrival so sent it back .... Owned my other two from new

41 - 57 of 57 Posts