Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
We used the Unliving Portraits for the first time last year and we were absolutely amazed at how much people loved it. I would love to set up a trio of portraits and run the interactive scenes, but it's a little too much for little kids, and we advertise as "all ages." I stitched the various sequences of the 3 people in Unliving Portraits, along with the static in-between non-moving parts, so it was a 10 minute video. I assumed people would be walking through and it would catch people off guard when someone started to move.

HA! What really happened was people stopped and watched the entire 10 minute loop! Which, was fine, but it caused a job in the flow of foot traffic through the house and we had to hold people up at the door until people left. Otherwise the house would have become jammed packed with people.

AtmosFX, if you follow this board and read this post, PLEASE create more of these!

View attachment 567739

·
Registered
230 Posts
Can we revive this thread please? I know I read that you have to have a specific media player so that you don't get a "black" or "blank" screen in between the movie of the portrait coming alive.

Can you refresh my memory please? What player is capable of doing this? I have Micca Spec G2 but I didn't that model will do this.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
135 Posts
@Scarab I have a 'no name' media player that looks like your Mica Spec, it doesn't have much of a "blank" screen in between movies. It's not absolutely seamless but it's not enough to notice unless you are really looking for it. I did find that a higher quality SD card made a slight (but noticeable) difference.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looks like if you want to do it right you need to get the MedeaWiz DV-S1 Sprite Looping HD Media Player, and a motion detection device of some kind.

Scarab

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wondered if anyone has ideas of using this outdoors?
Thanks,
JD
I did mine outdoors it obviously wasn't waterproof, but only took a few minutes to install or remove.
Used a multi monitor stand / mount, with the media players mounted to back of monitor (Velcro with double sided tape) and everything else zip tied to the stand. Just a matter of clamping/unclamping to something suitable and plugging/unplugging power.

Pic attached taken during testing phase:
monitors rear.jpg

Just my idea, I'm sure there's some guru's on here with better ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts