Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new checkout girl said she recognized my voice (I guess not my face?) then she told me her Mother almost peed herself in my Haunted house.
I have had my house open almost every night for 28 years. I have had people recognize just my voice 30 miles away from here.(in a Store)
Even though people tell me about the things they experienced here that are very common and have been a part of my "show" for many years I always let them "yammer -on ".. because it Was "Special" to them, when they were here... although, we do treat everyone as if they are "Special" when they are here, and then.... they have special experiences here. Memory-Makers, as valuable as Gold to keep a business like this going and perpetuating itself via positive although amateur "Public Relations" (The most believable kind) .

·
Registered
448 Posts
Must be an awesome feeling to be recognized. Clearly you're doing something right over there if you've been open for so long and so many people know you :D

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be telling a HUGE lie if I said any differently.. yes it's nice.
Today a work truck was circling this parking lot, the two guys in it were looking at my house. I walked over to them as the driver admitted to being here before and taking the house tour.
Then he asked me about if he brought his children here?
I told him we make a special type of tour for "children" (I got the impression they are both under 10 years old.) I went on to explain what we do for them.
Then I told them:"We let the child push some buttons to make some things "Happen'...
... and they might even push one button that Scares YOU!" Looking at the Dad. (Often times it does work that way)
Then I quickly said in sort of a strange higher-pitched Voice:"And They Really LIKE THAT!"
His passenger-Co-worker laughed and laughed I could still hear him laughing as I was walking back inside the house from maybe 60 feet away!
This little silliness made my day!
(I am a simple person, really.)

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,976 Posts
I'm glad you know how much you're appreciated & that you take the time to let the people go on about it. Most overpaid Hollywood celebs wouldn't do that much for their fans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts