Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
woohoo....just looked at there web page and they are getting two stores in Utah...I just don't know if "Coming Soon" will be soon enough for this season

·
Registered
77 Posts
my scouting mission at At Home

I went today to take a look around and found some interesting things. I thought the wire cage thing would make an interesting Cabinet of Curiosities. Then there was the tall candelabra which was impressive. The moon sun star wind chime would look great in a fortune teller set up. And the sad angel is perfect in a tombstone. The two tall lady statues I can see making some cool outfits for them, finding a perfectly sized large marble to hold in their perfectly posed hands, and wigs and hats to be fortune tellers. They are perfect for that. Lots to think about though I bought nothing. I have been on the forum daily for 2 weeks just about. I am ready to start hauling my stuff up to decorate. It will take me a month, for sure. I am over the edge...completely bonkers with Halloween. Been for a few years now and it gets worse and worse, or in my eyes, better and better, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The nearest At Home store has nothing Halloween out yet. All the seasonal aisles are bare boned with a few straggler summer items. Either the summer stuff sold well or they didn't restock the shelves and don't care that all those aisles are just standing with nothing up yet.

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
I was reading this thread, and decided I'd call the local At Home here in Oklahoma.

The representative said that the Halloween merchandise is in inventory, and they will be zoning the display area. He said the Halloween stuff should be completely displayed by the end of the month, so the last weekend in July is probably gonna be the sweet spot for shopping.

Autumn florals are being stocked this week, and some locations probably already have a decent amount on the shelves.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
woohoo....just looked at there web page and they are getting two stores in Utah...I just don't know if "Coming Soon" will be soon enough for this season
the one in Riverdale says summer 2015 and Provo Fall 2015. of course construction ect. are usually delayed but the one due in summer could be ready by halloween for sure.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I've seen a few things I am interested in but none in NY either. My son failed me on his road trip and I saw the posting about PA. I am actually contemplating the 2 1/2 hour road trip under the disguise of "family picnic" ha ha! Anyone on here know of a nice park near Erie, PA? :D Hi..My name is Cloe (aka) and I am a Halloweenaholic! The first step is admittance, right?

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
the one in Riverdale says summer 2015 and Provo Fall 2015. of course construction ect. are usually delayed but the one due in summer could be ready by halloween for sure.
I drove by the Riverdale one last night and they have their signage up. I can't iimagine they would have that up if they weren't going to be opening soon. Ironically, @Home is going into a building that was used as a Haunted House for a couple of years. Although Halloween City also has there signs up there too and I don't expect them to open their doors until Labor Day

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
still putting out here but i picked up a clutch of skellie bats, have some good candles for those wanting some, have a really good skelleton vic doll, i stood and thought and thought whered i put her and didnt get her but shes nice, some cute and some cool signs, oh have the three d metal light up signs, cheaper than joanns....

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
woot woot, scored the edison electric hat and two vict-a-phones...also bought some of the candle tapers i passed on, too cute once i thought about them... cvs had a mad scientist hat almost identical to this one last year i bought for my son for a frankenstein theme for his condo...this is so cool...the light up ghost too is killer, got that....great things this year!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My road trip isn't looking good. If there is anyone on here that would be willing to pick a few things up for me and ship them, could you please pm me? Thanks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My road trip isn't looking good. If there is anyone on here that would be willing to pick a few things up for me and ship them, could you please pm me? Thanks.
I asked the very same recently and no luck! I decided to take it as a hint and pull out of the PIF and secret reaper exchanges for a while.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
When I figured in the cost of gas for the just short of 3 hour trip for my daughters van I figured it would be cheaper to pay for shipping (express, at that lol). If I do make the trip Zombie Smash, I will let you know. Might be this weekend so keep an eye on your messages. I am drooling over the electric hat. I wanted the skeleton animals too. I'd suck up the higher price for those elsewhere but I haven't seen that hat anywhere else and it looks like only a few per store from the pictures.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
id offer to go get the hat for you but we only had the main display set up so far with really all the good things, and i bought the only hat...the shelves are still very bare but will be stocked. maybe give it a little bit more time, seems to me this year we dont have alot of folks and i mean the "regulars" on here completely yet. two years ago everyone was gladdly shipping to others, picking up stuff at home goods especially. why not post your list here of what you are wanting, region you need it shipped too, in case someones alot closer to save you shipping and see who can help..........i'll start a thread for shippers.

Reactions: Cloe

·
Registered
710 Posts
I stopped in the Tulsa store yesterday and they actually seem to have some good stuff this year! I picked up some new tombstones (yeah I could make them but I don't want to, and these are the nice taller ones).

Dsc07826b.jpg

They had some skeletons for $50. I think they were pose and stay, I remember them having the hip joints with the plastic interlocking "teeth". Seemed a bit flimsy though, especially in the ribs, and the feet were hollow shells. I thought they'd be good for corpsing, but not really a $50 item. Maybe on sale. They had a lot. Anybody know how these compare to a costco or walgreens skeleton?

There were some interesting light strings, faux Edison style flicker bulbs with a little bit of blood running down from the top. Those were $20. Don't remember how many bulbs (10 or 12?) or how long the string was.

And of course lots of decor and glitter items and airblowns and the small hanging characters they always seem to have a full aisle of.

·
Registered
14,075 Posts
woot woot, scored the edison electric hat and two vict-a-phones...also bought some of the candle tapers i passed on, too cute once i thought about them... cvs had a mad scientist hat almost identical to this one last year i bought for my son for a frankenstein theme for his condo...this is so cool...the light up ghost too is killer, got that....great things this year!
I saw the hat you guys have been talking about on the shelf in one of the photos. I'd love to see a video or photos of it in action. Does it make sounds too?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I don't care to pick some things up for folks who don't have an At Home, I didn't see your post zombiesmash. With that being said, my store doesn't have much out yet. I was there Friday and they told me that had to have everything put out by this Wednesday so I'm going back soon to see all the good stuff. Also, unless my store gets more in ( which they probably will) they are out of the bonez scorpion and rats. I got a few for myself and I have already sent some to a fellow forum member, we cleaned out the rats and scorpions, leaving only a few sad spiders. If they get more in, I can grab those too if needed. One more thing, shipping is a [email protected]! depending on where you live can be sort of expensive. ( 11-15 bucks for shipping to the midwest or west coast) that is for a light/ fairly small package of bonez critters, something larger or heavier will change that of course.....just something to think about..

1 - 20 of 62 Posts