Halloween Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
We are getting picky too, but I’m really kicking myself for not getting the Cemetery gate. The image is there but the product isn’t.
You posted this awhile ago & then it disappeared but has reappeared again but still showing sold out. Why put it back on if it's sold out??? Maybe they are pulling a HD thing but shouldn't just bash them, all sites appear to have issues this year.

They have been adding more stuff as the "new items" to the left keeps going up but I'm not seeing much new & can't jump ahead pages like some sites. Wish the new stuff would just get added to the front.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
You posted this awhile ago & then it disappeared but has reappeared again but still showing sold out. Why put it back on if it's sold out??? Maybe they are pulling a HD thing but shouldn't just bash them, all sites appear to have issues this year.

They have been adding more stuff as the "new items" to the left keeps going up but I'm not seeing much new & can't jump ahead pages like some sites. Wish the new stuff would just get added to the front.
I saw that as well. It finally ended up on their website but not in many locations and definitely nowhere near me. Although I don’t really know how accurate AtHome’s website is. And yes, they could be doing something similar to HD and it might be items are in transit and not available

I actually found an arch at Menard’s with lanterns built into it that I’m considering. I still haven’t made the trip to AtHome but need to soon. I really need to get a move on with all things Halloween but the humidity will not break! Hades hot!

Thanks @Yodlei for the response to the post!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I picked up these few things yesterday. I haven't seen this pumpkin with the bugs before which was fun. The eye plant didn't have batteries at the store and when I put them in later I think they light up too bright. Anyone have ideas on how to modify? I was thinking of painting the eyes a color to dim the light but that might look bad.

Orange Textile Flower Headgear Tints and shades
Plant Flower Flowerpot Vase Houseplant

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I picked up these few things yesterday. I haven't seen this pumpkin with the bugs before which was fun. The eye plant didn't have batteries at the store and when I put them in later I think they light up too bright. Anyone have ideas on how to modify? I was thinking of painting the eyes a color to dim the light but that might look bad.

View attachment 748383 View attachment 748384
Not sure if they still make it or have it in-store but I used to paint on glass held in embroidery hoops (cheap version of stained glass) & the stain came in opaque & transparent varieties in different colors...kinda like those little bottles of acrylic paint. I would think that would work.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I saw that as well. It finally ended up on their website but not in many locations and definitely nowhere near me. Although I don’t really know how accurate AtHome’s website is. And yes, they could be doing something similar to HD and it might be items are in transit and not available

I actually found an arch at Menard’s with lanterns built into it that I’m considering. I still haven’t made the trip to AtHome but need to soon. I really need to get a move on with all things Halloween but the humidity will not break! Hades hot!

Thanks @Yodlei for the response to the post!
I haven't made it there yet either....hopefully sometime next week maybe? Road trip up Rt 47 & back down Rt53. JoAnn & At Home in Naperville (along with any open Spirit, HD, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, etc. on the way), Little Traveler in Geneva, Von Maur & Old Tyme Pottery in St. Charles.

I've found their website pretty reliable and probably right about the transit thing. Have it on site & then once available, drop the Out of Stock lingo. I have noticed that you need to go kinda early to get some things that sell out but when you go back, their nice display is now up & not much is left to buy...need to get their timing together.

How did I miss the arch at Menards???? See they added more stuff after I posted yesterday but missed that somehow (going to add more to that thread in a minute).

I hear ya on the heat (and rain....we had some boomers around 2:30am & lasted a long time). I've been inside for almost a week & back out to the jungle tomorrow. Can't let my acre get too far away from me. Can't even think about working on Halloween right now.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Their number of new items has been increasing by a few every couple of days or so lately but I can't figure out what IS new. Another crappy site where you can't sort by "Newest" & can't jump pages either to see if they are added on the back end. I'll post a couple of things I don't recall seeing before...

65" for $100:

This is pretty cool for $10 & lights up:

This says new but lots of people were wanting her last year:

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,582 Posts
Was just in our At Home & they had that coveted witch:

It is covered in black glitter & $70, oh no, sorry it was $69.99 rollseyes. They had several of them too & that thing is HUGE! I just couldn't buy it though because it was too big & all that glitter just...ick...I couldn't do it. If it hadn't been covered & was just all black I may have bought it. I TOTALLY would've bought a smaller one though.

They still haven't fully stocked all the Halloween aisles but they have a couple empty aisles that will probably be fully stocked for Christmas in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Their halloween stock has been terrible this year. Literally, the aisles are 50-75% empty. I am kinda over it at this point. Obviously, the one thing I really wanted is gone for the season. Last time I went halloween hunting I couldn't bother with at home. I'm so tired of wasting my time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
View attachment 748990

It is covered in black glitter & $70, oh no, sorry it was $69.99 rollseyes. They had several of them too & that thing is HUGE! I just couldn't buy it though because it was too big & all that glitter just...ick...I couldn't do it. If it hadn't been covered & was just all black I may have bought it. I TOTALLY would've bought a smaller one though.
This wasn't in AZ, was it?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
View attachment 748990

They still haven't fully stocked all the Halloween aisles but they have a couple empty aisles that will probably be fully stocked for Christmas in 2 weeks.
They are one of the first to have stuff out & the latest to put up their main displays in front. Kinda half-backed asswards. When it finally looks enticing when you walk in the store, most of it is gone already. Probably are going to have Christmas sprinkled in before long. BUT, their totals have been going up a little & new stuff added on-line yet it's sold out. Why put it on there???

I didn't make it there yet & not going to cry if I don't....it's only piddly stuff I wanted anyway.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I talked to one of the guys working the shelving units. I thought they were putting up the Halloween stuff. But he told me that they were moving it as everything they got in was sold online before they could shelf it. They are now putting g what’s left together to make room for the Christmas stuff.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Noticed yesterday some items that have been out of stock for quite some time are back in stock. Was going to pass on going but might have to change my mind.

Meadow...noticed the gate late last night but see you snagged it in the What Did You Find/Buy thread. I bet you are happy. Let me know if it's worth the money. I spend a lot already & have some big stuff to go yet but if they have it next year, or in the rare chance there are any left & marked down (yeah, right!) I might grab one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
At Home has some impressive witches this year, but unfortunately the closest store to me seems to already be sold out of them :/ It seems the faster items get on the shelves the quicker they sell.

Last year At Home had this witch from their "Lunar Magic Collection" and I regret not buying her. If anyone has her for sale I'd be happy to buy her and cover all costs.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Picked up a cute silver skeleton & these glass pumpkins & LED candles today.

Also saw this amazing black flocked tree with cool white lights for $299. Hoping maybe it will go on sale at somepoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if At Home starts to clearance out the Halloween items closer to Halloween, after, or at all? My local At Home has a bunch of the 5 foot skeletons and I was hoping to grab a few for less than $29.99 if they survive the season.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Does anyone know if At Home starts to clearance out the Halloween items closer to Halloween, after, or at all? My local At Home has a bunch of the 5 foot skeletons and I was hoping to grab a few for less than $29.99 if they survive the season.
The few times I went back late (& really wasn't that late), everything was picked over & nothing much worth buying. I believe stuff will be on sale but I doubt you should wait too long for Skellies. People always snag them when they're cheap. They are already pushing Christmas & a few folks have already mentioned the same & seeing empty aisles. At Home is one of the first to get stuff out & 1 of the first to run out of good stuff.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts