Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I thought it would be cool if we had one post to all share anything and everything pertaining to Asylum’s.

Home haunter's and pro haunter's, Please share your Asylum pictures, videos, props, story’s, links, finds, buys, etc…

I’ll start with a few pictures from my 2012 haunt, Desoto Asylum.

Here is my doctor...
WP_000139.jpg

Children/doll room.
WP_000121 (2).jpg

This is a sign I made for my haunt Desoto Asylum (We have decided to drop "Street" from the name this year)
WP_000009 (3).jpg

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have never been to an Asylum before but back when I was maybe....*thinking*....7 to 13 years old (is that right??) My family and I took a tour of a prison in west Kansas that's been shut down for years upon years. My sister got to sit in the gas chamber, I didn't know Kansas had the death penalty....I'm pretty sure they don't now. A picture of the inmate was also posted above their cell along with their crimes.

That's the closest I've gotten to REAL though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool,... And A Little Creepy...

I have never been to an Asylum before but back when I was maybe....*thinking*....7 to 13 years old (is that right??) My family and I took a tour of a prison in west Kansas that's been shut down for years upon years. My sister got to sit in the gas chamber, I didn't know Kansas had the death penalty....I'm pretty sure they don't now. A picture of the inmate was also posted above their cell along with their crimes.

That's the closest I've gotten to REAL though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
we are doing an asylum theme this year. mostly exterior stuff.. a few "escapees", some frosted contact paper to create the illusion of broken windows, some painted cardboard faux wood shutters and on the front door, an old dirty sheet hanging out the 2nd story window?

if we do the interior, just the front room, i was either thinking of making a pvc frame with just black sheeting to hide the interior of the house, or going for the broken wall lathe and plaster look with the wood grain contact paper and draping old sheets on the furniture..

just some of my ideas so far!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
We are making an asylum set on our back patio as part of our walk through. The patio is caged of to look like cells. There are wall panels as a back drop. We'll have two characters in the set. Here is a pic of the cage scene, which we used a couple years ago. I keep the cage panels for use when the need arises.

I picked up these two masks for the actors to wear.

I'll be collecting some various props to flesh out the scene over the next few months. Thinking an old rusty cot, some chains, pallets, etc.. The guests will have a very narrow walkway to pass by the scene, forcing them within a couple feet of the cage bars. The actors can reach through or even escape on occasion! Should be fun!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds Interesting, Where do you get contact paper, and how do you make it look like the windows are broken?

we are doing an asylum theme this year. mostly exterior stuff.. a few "escapees", some frosted contact paper to create the illusion of broken windows, some painted cardboard faux wood shutters and on the front door, an old dirty sheet hanging out the 2nd story window?
!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just completed an animatronic psychopath which will go in my asylum scene:

http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/126335-shiatsu-psycho.html

I'm planning to paper the walls of the scene with newspaper, and mark up that newspaper "A Beautiful Mind" style, with words underlined, circled and connected by arrows, with photos of people with their faces Xed out and "LIARS" "WRONG" etc scrawled on the pages as well. Should be creepy and very inexpensive to do. I saw this in a video walkthrough of a prohaunt and took a mental note since it seemed cheap and effective.

I love the idea of fencing off a portion of the house and turning it into a cage. May have to think about that one a bit more.

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,960 Posts
You need some medical instruments like these:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I Got A Cathedral Style Radio To Put In The Lobby Room, It Will Give The Victims.... I Mean Guests Something To Listen To.

old radio.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts