Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Axe Killer DVD finishes playing the DTMF board does not reset. I can hear the fourth tone, but the relay indicator lights on the board remain on. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

·
Registered
527 Posts
When the Axe Killer DVD finishes playing the DTMF board does not reset. I can hear the fourth tone, but the relay indicator lights on the board remain on. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil
That is a not a common problem.
A couple questions:
1. did it work fine, then stop working?
2. is the DVD the stock one or did you burn a copy?
3. did you reboot the DTMF board?
4. did you try a different DVD player? I have had DVD players fail.
5. I have never had a DTMF controller fail, but could happen.

Pete

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This an eleventh hour build, first time trying the board. The DVD is original purchased from Hii-Rez. I am not sure how to reboot the board. I just turn the board off manually and the relay reset, lights turn off. I have tried two different DVD players. The DVD players trigger the first three relays fine, it just does not turn off the relays when the character leaves the screen.

That is a not a common problem.
A couple questions:
1. did it work fine, then stop working?
2. is the DVD the stock one or did you burn a copy?
3. did you reboot the DTMF board?
4. did you try a different DVD player? I have had DVD players fail.
5. I have never had a DTMF controller fail, but could happen.

Pete

·
Registered
527 Posts
This an eleventh hour build, first time trying the board. The DVD is original purchased from Hii-Rez. I am not sure how to reboot the board. I just turn the board off manually and the relay reset, lights turn off. I have tried two different DVD players. The DVD players trigger the first three relays fine, it just does not turn off the relays when the character leaves the screen.
Ask Hi Rez Neil, maybe he has some ideas?

Pete

·
Registered
527 Posts
Is the DTMF board from Hi Rez or Pimp my Prop? The reason I ask is that a friend of mine had a problem using the PMP board with the Zombie Door video.
He ended up having to buy the Hi Rez one for it to work with the video.
Pete

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggested help. I filled out a contact for on the Hi-Rez website, just waiting for a reply. Might just have to wait until next year for this prop to make the show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts