Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I came to find the strange smell in my yard was a dead raccoon, I began to wonder if any home or commercial halloweeners use smells for their haunts.
I further pondered — Why just smells? Perhaps the sense of touch or even taste has been used to heighten the experience in some way.

My initial thoughts went to that of a morgue that is almost completely pitch black. Patrons are relying on everything but sight. The smell of formaldehyde is in the air, and as you feel around in the dark, cold steel exam tables and wall cabinets can be felt. Is that one open? Do I dare put my hand inside? The room itself is much colder than normal, which make you wonder if it is the chills or the fear that is making you shiver.

OK — So you get my point. Does anyone already use cool effects to "assault" the other senses besides sight and sound?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
With a strong smell you will get a weird taste in your mouth. It relates to not being able to taste food when you have a cold/stopped up nose. Smell and taste are very closely related.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Some smells like candied apples or pumpkin pie can make your mouth water, but also tha coppery smell of blood can affect your sense of taste.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Touch, I have been using compressed air for ever. Just have a valve connected straight onto the compressor. When some one triggers it, you get hit with air. Its a good scare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts