Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been on for a few weeks. The last 2 weeks have been Hell. First I sat 5 days and nights with my 48 year old cousin and watched him pass away from ALS, his funeral is tomorrow. Then on August 11 my pregnant daughter here visiting while her husband was on the Bush (he's in the Navy) went into labor at 24 weeks pregnant. She started bleeding at my house and I rushed her to the hospital. In route to the hospital she started hemorrhaging. The doctor said she had Abruptio Placentae, witch means her placenta separated from the uterus. Being an EMT I knew my daughter and the baby might not make it. I was able to go into surgery with her for a C-section where the baby was taken right away to a waiting Life Line helicopter headed for Indianapolis to the NICU. The doctors were able to control the bleeding and my daughter is recovering, She was released from the hospital on the 13th earlier than she should have been so she could go be with the baby in Indianapolis. The baby is a boy named Kaiden and weighed 1 pound 6 ounces. Kaiden has been hanging in there by a thread. He is on a vent and feed tube they put in a central line and it came out so the had to put in another. He has had three blood transfusions to try and get his BP up. Tuesday was the worst day so far for Kaiden they tried everything to get his BP up and told us they have done all they could do. Wednesday he made a turn around and all vitals are good. He will have good and bad days in the months ahead. I am sharing this to ask for prayers. We have prayer chains in several states started by friends and family. Andrew, the babies dad was flown off the ship and made it here to be with them. Please pray for my family, God bless.
988678_662140713797364_2134582422_n.jpg
The black band on his wrist is his dads wedding band.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Prayers coming!!!! I know it's been a hard couple of weeks but have faith!!!! My cousin had her baby prematurely too, though a little bit bigger not by much...it was both physically and emotionally exhausting but fortunately we celebrated Conners first birthday in April :)...in the meantime just remember to take care of mom and grandma along the way. Keeping you all and especially Mr. Kaiden in my prayers <3 (hugs)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Saying a prayer for you and your family! May God give Kaiden, you, and your family strength through these stormy waters!

·
Creepy Homeschool Mom
778 Posts
Prayers for all of you. That little hand is so precious! It will be tough, but no matter what, I believe you will make it through-no matter what happens. I have a friend who's baby girl is also in need of many prayers, and I cannot imagine the strength needed to hang on during such a roller coaster.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this.

“to love life, to love it even
when you have no stomach for it
and everything you've held dear
crumbles like burnt paper in your hands,
your throat filled with the silt of it.
When grief sits with you, its tropical heat
thickening the air, heavy as water
more fit for gills than lungs;
when grief weights you like your own flesh
only more of it, an obesity of grief,
you think, How can a body withstand this?
Then you hold life like a face
between your palms, a plain face,
no charming smile, no violet eyes,
and you say, yes, I will take you
I will love you, again.”
Ellen Bass

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the prayers. The latest as of this morning was Kaiden had to have a platelet transfusion, his count was to low. His vitals are still good so I will focus on that. The two main concerns right now are of course his lungs and the possibility of a brain bleed because his vessels are so fragile. I will try and update on his condition for those interested. God Bless. I have also started a FB prayer chain if anyone would like to join and share on your FB. Just send me a friend request and mention HF. https://www.facebook.com/missy.bowen

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:) Witchy Poo, I am not on FB, but when I say my prayers at night you and your family will sure be a part of them. I know this is difficult for you all, and especially little Kaiden. But remember, God is good, he looks out for those that are tiny and helpless.:)

·
Registered
569 Posts
God bless Kaiden! We wil pray for him. One of our Area Supervisors Delivered twin girls at 24 weeks weighing less than Kaiden. Today they are two beautiful twelve year olds and thriving. Miracles happen everyday. Faith is everything.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for sharing your stories of hope, it does help to know that others have been through the same thing and the babies are now thriving. My mind keeps going back to a 21 week baby that me and my partner delivered. The baby was trying to breath and we did CPR all the way to the hospital only to be made (forced) to stop because our protocols say we don't do anything for babies under 23 weeks. It took that baby 4 hours to die. I almost quit my job over it. That was 2 years ago and now my thoughts go back to that every night since Kaiden was born. Thank God he made it to 24 weeks.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your cousin, and prayers outbound for your beautiful little grandson.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts