Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ashmore Estates in Clark county, Ashmore Illinois is overpriced and run by cheap cons. I was commissioned to set up Mad Lab Props for the weekends leading up to (Fri & Sat.evenings) Halloween, on Halloween and the following day. This was the worst Nightmare I have encountered in Years. The people running it claim to be Mormons..pray at meals and so on but Lie and Cheat and Steal. I have to sue them for breach of contract and to get props they refused to give back trying to force me to sign a statement saying I got everything back and in good condition. Also to sign that I will take no Legal action against them. They had me build a Lab room set up props and antique glassware. They used me for 6 days and paid 100 dollars a night. When they found where to buy similar stuff to reproduce what I had done, they took 2/3 of my stuff and sloppily packed it and set it outside. After I had spent 43 hours cleaning ,building and painting a Lab room in their run down ex- nursing home. They broke some things and kept many things including the set up table and custom work I did to the room and base of the main Lab table. Basically set up and built a large room for them and taught them how a mad Lab is done in Hollywood quality... Film quality. The agreement was not to touch my stuff...I man it myself...and for the duration of the Haunt. They Brainwash young people into thinking it's an honor to work for free (they pay for gas) 7 PM to 12 and sometimes later. The man (Scott Kelly the owner) told me himself the place was not haunted and he doesn't buy into that kid of thing ( Real Hauntings) but tells the kids their working in one of the most haunted places in Illinois. I have documentation and wittinesses to prove what I'm saying. They purposely beat me out of 6 nights (600 dollars) and the 60 bucks a night (6 nights - 360 dollars) for myself my girlfriend and her daughter to act. Their admittedly>>> in front of local police, keeping my some of my best Props, holding them for ransom to sign a waiver. The local police are letting them....calling theft >>...( A Civil Matter). The whole thing is a scam and not the least...scary. They don't realize by keeping rental property they are racking up a huge bill. I was originally just going to sue for breach of contract. The cost alone for the props ain't cheap. Avoid this place (it's dangerous >>in Poor repair) and these rude and unscrupulous people...like the Plague.

·
Banned
535 Posts
Is this place open to the public 24-7? If it is i would walk right in and take back your stuff bring a couple of buds with you also. Not saying go in there and start trouble but sometimes you just have to yell a bit. They sound like morons to me greedy morons.......

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just for the Halloween season...thank God. Better do it in court they pay the local police for security and they have made it clear they support them. They completely ruined the holiday I look forward to once a year. I sat home Halloween night with the porch light out:(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, Their bill for rental by day has gotten so large it takes more money than I have right now to file agaist them... at only 75 dollars a day for it all... when it should be $75.00 per unit. But that is what I told them it would be when they originally held my props. So to be fair (whatever that is in this case) I'm going to stick to what I originally said it costs per day. They have prolly got all thier money they made, which was mutiple thousands, in a offshore account by now but I will go public with this soon the local newspaper wants to pick it up and how the local ashmore police and state attorney allowed them to do it...and it seemed like they put them up to it...please spread the word, I'm unsure how exposing this from my end could affect my suit. Thanks for asking and any help would be appriciated. I will picket the place next year if I have too...what ever it takes , Alan

·
Registered
202 Posts
No, Their bill for rental by day has gotten so large it takes more money than I have right now to file agaist them... at only 75 dollars a day for it all... when it should be $75.00 per unit. But that is what I told them it would be when they originally held my props. So to be fair (whatever that is in this case) I'm going to stick to what I originally said it costs per day. They have prolly got all thier money they made, which was mutiple thousands, in a offshore account by now but I will go public with this soon the local newspaper wants to pick it up and how the local ashmore police and state attorney allowed them to do it...and it seemed like they put them up to it...please spread the word, I'm unsure how exposing this from my end could affect my suit. Thanks for asking and any help would be appriciated. I will picket the place next year if I have too...what ever it takes , Alan
This Scott Kelly you speak of .....is he known as the spookmeister?if so I had some dealings with him at Rockome gardens haunt 3 years back,I would like nothing more than to BUST HIS FREAKIN HEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, I don't know the guy or anything, but if you are planning on getting your stuff back you better do it quick. It's my understanding that the whole place is up for sale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts